1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/20/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2018.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

PAUL BRING YO SIMPLE ASS!

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

this is my favorite clip from Friday

3. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

THANK YOU! If Aminu scored his season average (9.5) instead of 22 and Harkless scored his season average (6.3) instead of 17, Rockets would have blown them out the water last night. Those 2 were the main reason the game was ever close.

4. Progs

Progs Member

Great win! Game definitely changed when Gerald entered the game although funny he hit his first 3 from a Joe Johnson pass.

Bo6, Cstyle42, adw and 6 others like this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

Yes they were popping off before the game. That said Portland is a VERY good team and they were on fire coming into the game.

Damn good win on the road!!!

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

*Don't Be a Menace :eek:

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Soooo how long until the NBA tries to change the rule on step-backs? Harden rule 2.0??

And no, I don't think he travels. Just like his "rip throughs" in previous years, seems like enough common fans are complaining all over the place that the league will probably take notice and take a look at his step backs now.

adw likes this.
  8. Remlap

Remlap Member

Where's that DameDolla Portland fan tonight?
    He was trolling pretty heavy on here the other night talking smack.
    His boy Damian got shut down. He was quieter than a pair of noise cancelling headphones

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, look you currently has the longest winning streak in the NBA.

HOUSTON ROCKETS!

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He was banned and entire posting history deleted.

Since Clutch doesn’t usually delete posting history when banning someone, and allowed that other blazer fan (DrexlerFan) who was trollling the Melo thread, until he started creating Fake News threads, I’m guessing he was banned for being a Bi-UID. Likely another incarnation of Penisckubber, or SIL or that DrexlerFan guy

Remlap, Deuce, adw and 1 other person like this.
  11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you cant take everything away from a team. The Rockets defensively were at another level last night in their ball denial to the portland guards. Tucker, Ariza, LRMAM, Gordon and Paul were just super active on the perimeter. Harkless and Aminu were open for a reason with the way they were trapping. Those shots probably wont go in as consistently on the road or in the playoffs. I dont think Dame and CJ will be flummoxed like that again since they are both really good players. You could tell though those comments really became bulletin board material for this team though. The team looked to get Harden going early in the 1st and 3rd and then CP got everyone else their looks in the 2nd and early in the 4th. Tucker did not really score much last night but had some big offensive rebounds and his defense was just beautiful to watch.

Getting Tucker and LRMAM were criminally underrated moves and they are going to help prove to be the difference this year in the playoffs.

Deuce, daywalker02 and Nick_713 like this.
  12. j@amc

j@amc Member

One of the oft repeated criticisms is that Harden and Paul haven't proven that they can win in the clutch. What I like about winning on the road (in a close game) is that is shows that we’re battle tested.

I was pretty skeptical (and honestly I think we all were) whether this ISO and space offense could work over an entire season and in the playoffs. Wouldn't we just wear down and run out of steam? I was skeptical that a team with as little size as we have could box out and get stops in the post. But how many more games do we have to control and win under pressure before the critics will change their tune?

Everyone has to recognize that we can beat teams in a variety of ways. That happens when you combine a dangerous offense, a solid defense scheme, a team that doesn’t turn it over, gets people in foul trouble, competes for loose balls, and is better than you'd think on the glass. And, by the way, we have stars that can make shots under pressure all the time. . . We look ready for the competition.

I can't wait for us to turn it up a notch.

Deuce, Plowman and Nick_713 like this.
  13. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

with harden being an introvert we really this side of him.....

you can clearly tell that he took the" no layup" comments personally and showed some real venom towards dame.....

it was nice to see

Deuce, Invisible Fan and Nick_713 like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After watching OKC lose at the last second, this win was like the icing on the cake!!!!!!

bro2044, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  15. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I was hating on Nate Robinson's announcing until Harden hit the step back 3 to beat the double team in LameDolla's grill and Nate said "whooooo....that boy is bad!" Now I kinda like him.

bro2044, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Very satisfying win. Going into this game I was okay with a loss. They're playing their best ball of the season, hottest team in the league and you could tell this game meant a lot for them. We just strolled in, did our thing and got the W.

Wondering why Anderson didn't get any minutes in the 2nd half, and with Nurkic eating us alive inside I'm surprised Nene didn't get a few minutes at least. But whatever, still got the win so can't complain.

Worried about CP3, hopefully the injury isn't serious.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If they were fire we were water.

We extinguished their BS.

adw likes this.
  18. alethios

alethios Member

Mission accomplished!
    [​IMG]

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. Fulgore