1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump “not” indicted in Russian Collusion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Feb 16, 2018.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would be a real shame if Trump committed obstruction of justice on an investigation into something he was innocent of.

Talk about dumb, but not really surprising.

#61 larsv8, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    B-Bob and tmoney1101 like this.
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Given how nobody voted for him, I assume he only won via voter fraud.

pirc1, mdrowe00, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

B-Bob, Rashmon, Nook and 5 others like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

That's not my criteria but I appreciate your response.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Somebody voting for Trump because of these Russians social media posts is akin to somebody changing their position based on New Rox Fan's retweets.

It doesn't work like that. Hahahahahahahaha

mick fry and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, there has been plenty of evidence that we know about that indicates his campaign was in knowing collusion with the Russians. There have been guilty pleas and indictments related to it as well.

There are is circumstantial evidence that Trump himself knew about it and at the very least approved of the collusion.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

But, he's still a scumbag. No one could possibly deny that.

CourtOfDreams likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It actually does. I've spent 4 years in a row at a right wing bubble(Marine infantry barracks). So I have most of my former peers on my social media feeds. Facebook seems to be the largest culprit from my experience. I see constant streams of political meme after political meme with ABSOLUTELY no sourcing being spread like wild fire. It gets more depressing when you read the comment sections of these memes .It's literally thousands upon thousands of comments.

Then you notice a trend when you look at all these profile pics. They're mostly elderly individuals. See, there has been a recent surge in the past 3 years of the elderly signing up to social media accounts especially Facebook in mass. It was for very benign reasons .They realized platforms like Facebook can be pragmatic ways to keep in touch with long distance relatives and at their age that is often on the top of their mind.

Unfortunately they don't have much experience like you or I do with vetting online information. We have a certain skepticism especially if we see a political meme that doesn't source anything on a social media accounts.

I can give countless examples of these memes. I remember the other day on my Facebook news feed, there was this one meme of a college professor infront of a challenge board. The meme went something like: "This professor charges 700 dollars for textbooks... And then proceeds to lecture about the evils of capitalism". Boy oh boy, if you read the comment section it was full of these poor elderly folks speaking of the indoctrination camps of college campuses and how they are all set to attempt to overthrow Trump. But then you notice what is on the chalk board. It's multivariable vector calculus and partial differential... The dude was an engineering proffesor. There has probably never been one moment in his entire teaching history he uttered the words "capitalism" in his class. Keep in mind these were elderly individuals. They were not trolling. They were very sincere.

The same goes for my peers. I lived with them for 4 years and I can safely state that most of their opinions are formed from their circle jerk conversations, memes and click bait sites.

It's a really problem especially when you consider the largest voter turnout demographic are the elderly.

To brush off the issue is very naive. You post a lot on the interent. You should know. To think that social media and click bait news sites have no influence is silly.

#69 fchowd0311, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    B-Bob and Deckard like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The ads business doesn't work. The propaganda business since human exist doesn't work. Mob mentality doesn't r exist. Yep.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Question, do I have to pay rent living in your mind?

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, nobody on Facebook believes or does anything because of what they read on Facebook. Great point.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, everyone votes based on what Russian trolls tell them to do via social media. Clearly that's the only explanation for the worst candidate in modern presidential election history losing. Literally no other explanation.

14. prohibido

prohibido Member

Jesus Christ, this is the single most idiotic thing I have read in six weeks.

How old are you, dude? Seriously, I would like to know.

By the way, we already have collusion, or, better, conspiracy. Trump was briefed by the IC in August of 2016 that the Russians were interfering in the election process and planned to continue to do so. Trump already knew this, surely, but anyway. Trump also publicly encouraged the Russians to hack and make public information belonging to and pertaining to his political adversaries. Between then and the election, or, more specifically, the convention, his various campaign staff met in clandestine ways with various Russian government officials including the ambassador as well as other Russian agents. They changed the party platform to favor Russia with respect to sanctions, and, obviously, just recently outright refused to implement sanctions. That is conspiracy. So the No collusion! crowd is living in a fantasy world. And what I've just laid out is a tiny, probably negligible piece of the entirety that will eventually be known.

LOL at the No collusion! crowd. This is a jigsaw puzzle. Mueller knows where all the pieces are and he knows how many if not most fit together. He hasn't even shown us the full perimeter of the puzzle yet never mind the interior. He's just rolling over idiots like Papadopoulos and b**** slapping fools like Flynn and Gates, slowly preparing to reveal all of it.

In a way, I'm looking forward to the payback. I mean, obviously. In another way I dread it, though, because Trumpspunking idiots and their media mouthpieces are going to bleat incessantly about how Mueller or the Democrats or the Deep State (or the Black Hats! - I love that one) destroyed democracy, you know, or whatever crazy ass nonsense they use to whip up the white Reebok, drive a rascal through Walmart demographic. And it will be supremely effective, you know, there will be 30% of the country that believes that Polident is the best adhesive on the market, that you should buy gold bullion immediately after you sign up for identity protection, and that Trump's being sent to jail on money laundering charges or rape or whatever it'll be was some sort of sinister plot cooked up by people like me. And that's depressing to contemplate.

Oh well.

B-ball freak, mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

After every single announcement from Mueller's investigation, in order of importance:

No impact to the election! - Trump
    No collusion! - Trump

And his herds do their things. Meanwhile, the investigation continue.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

"Peak liberal echo chamber" has been located

cml750 likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He is dumb, but smart enough to know and maybe lucky enough to not get caught.

What we know today due to the indictments are most likely known by Trump months ago (as outlined to him by our Intel). But what have he done since? Witch hunt. Hoax. Fake news. I believe Putin. Wouldn't execute on the sanctions Congress passed by almost every senators. So on. He has not just not done anything, he has actively pushed back and helped Russian to continue to interfere. On top of that, all the constant lies about Russian ties and involvement.

Collude or not, he is allowing outside interference into our election. POTUS is allowing foreign power, that he knew have interfered, to continue to interfere by his actions. Maybe all of that is to protect his fragile ego, but that's not an excuse, certainly not for a POTUS.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This forum is ridiculous. You got the people in the Russian Indictments thread liking each other's be"just a matter of time" posts.

Or the, "yeah, see Trump was wrong about meddling" posts.

You wanna make fun of this thread?

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How can you unwittingly collude?

Lord have mercy

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The only people who read Hilary's emails weren't voting for her anyway.

The whole claim they influenced the outcome is so ridiculous