1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[First Take] Kenny Smith Flames Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

So is he saying GS to Hou is Sam Cassell to Kenny Smith? Don't know if i heard this Bih right?

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We need Sam Cassell to come in and check this hater's ass one more time.

lw17, Killatron 2000 and hajkov like this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm actually a Jazz, Mavs, Lakers fan.
    Yeah that's a good point. I'm cautiously optimistic to give us a 50/50 chance. Which is something I never thought would happen not only for us, but anyone in this league after GSW finessed themselves into a once in a lifetime deal with Durant.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@tinman

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

it may or may not be as strong as its been in the past. but their bench seems to do fine when playing against hou so I dont think they should be overlooked that easily as much as i hate the likes of west and young

6. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

That dude got 2 rings from Houston and i never ever hear him say good things about Houston...Wtf did we owe him? same crap as Barkley?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Does Les still owe Smith money? He no longer owns the Rockets, Kenny. Seriously, I don't understand the guy. When he does say something complementary about the Rockets, it's like he's grinding his teeth, barely able to spit it out. You'd never know he was the starting point guard on both championship teams. Frankly, Kenny's a weird dude.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So I'm cool with anyone saying it's 50/50. Hell, even 60/40. To say that the rockets have to play 4 perfect games and the warriors need to gaff for the rockets to advance (a la what smith said) isn't 50/50 or 60/40. It's 90/10.

RedRedemption likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets DO NOT need 4 perfect games to win.

In the two wins this season, Warriors shot 50% 3PT vs our 37%.

We just gotta be healthy and play well overall.

#49 Houstunna, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kenny is just putting on a face of impartiality. He's the anti-Beadle. We can't criticize her for being blatantly biased and then criticize Kenny Smith for not being biased enough.

cbs1507 likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

His tone seems he's downplaying us. "Rockets are only good because...."

Kenny is a mark.

Rockets don't need 4 perfect games either.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Whatever. He gets paid to talk. He really didn't say anything all that bad. You guys are too sensitive.

primtim24 and cbs1507 like this.
  13. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Oh, you are talking about the guy that lived in the shadow of Sam Cassel in Rockets title?

I don´t care what he thinks.

Rocket River and Houstunna like this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i don't need former rockets to be all over the current rockets nutz but... they better not go after current rockets because then you're dead to me. say something nice (factual) or shut the hell up.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rockets took 2 out of 3 from Golden State and weren't really perfect any of them.

Game 1, Clint was TERRIBLE and was pushed around for an entire half and Paul was injured and not much of a scoring threat, and then left with an injury, though still was able to control parts of the game even at half-speed.

Harden was very good, but not, by his otherwordly standards, outrageously monstrous. PJ, Luc and Gordon wrecked the Warriors bench and picked up the slack but it wasn't peak or "perfect" Rockets. Nene didn't even play.

Game 3 - Harden actually did score only 22 points and the Rockets still won Eric Gordon was 0-9 from behind the Line, The Rockets played with only 8 men, missing Ariza and Green due to suspension. Paul was amazing, but other than rebounds, Ryno played 30 minutes and managed 5 points. This is "perfect"?

TV color-man analysis is for entertainment. There's simply no insight in Kenny's cliche recycling powered entirely by intutive bias. This is not last year's Rockets team, nor is it last year's Golden State team. They are this year's teams.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

With Kenny it's like his loyalty only extends to his teammates on those teams. He'll defend those teams against doubters but his heart isn't with the Houston Rockets franchise or the city. He's always been pretty outspoken about being a proud New Yorker, so I'm guessing if he has a favorite team it's probably the Knicks.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Derek Harper made Kenny his b**** in that Finals series. Thank God we had Sam.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

In my humble opinion, our Rockets will have to overachieve in order to win the Championship this season.
    Our backcourt is brilliant, and we have solid role players, but GS has the edge because of KD and Draymond. They can be toppled by instilling defense, rebounding as a priority. GS will defend the 3 point line better in the playoffs. We have to show versatility and consistency on offense in order to beat them, and OKC/ and a full strength Spurs. We can't take any other team lightly either. Age is a drawback to an extent too. Just imagine if Nene and JJ were 28. MDA will have to be flexible, and not rely too much on 3's.
    I hope Wright will come as a pleasant surprise, but his injury history is a matter of concern. It's good to be the underdog, but there is a lot of pressure on our team too.

One game at a time, one series at a time should be our focus. It's possible to win it all, but it's going to be a very tough challenge.

Let's hope for the best.
    Go Houston Rockets!

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm just gonna say we dodget another McFail kind of bullet here.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.