1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Crisis Finally Hits Stocks As Concerns Mount Over GOP Defections

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 17, 2017.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I wholeheartedly concur with the idea of doubling down on the Trump/equity index relationship that you, a lifelong democrat, came up with on Tuesday.

Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Astrodome and ipaman like this.
  3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Another 1000 point drop day! MEGA.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

@ipaman seems to think we are on some kind of team and we're executing on some sort of game plan. I'm a citizen like ipa. I'm not trying to unite the country, beat Trump, or win any election. I say what I believe and I vote my conscience. Maybe the DNC doesn't have their ish together. But that has nothing to do with me.

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you know what you're right, democratic party is not a team and they have the results to show for it.

6. JuanValdez

Republicans aren't any more unified. You had a consortium of fiscal conservatives and evangelicals, with some libertarian hangers-on. Then tea partiers crashed the party, and now you've got alt-right bending the agenda and Trump spending like no tomorrow. A lot of the traditional conservatives feel like they've been taken hostage. I think it'd be better for you to recognize that there aren't teams, just people with some intersecting interests.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lurking in the D&D and seeing some of @Os Trigonum's posts is more disappointing than when I found out he is a Yankee fan. smh.

Os Trigonum and Nook like this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

translation;

You lack the mental capacity to understand my post​

9. JuanValdez

On topic, some folks are getting rich this week off of all the volatility.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Trump
    You can make money being long or short, but you can't short in your 401k which is what a lot of people have.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know, I've sort of deliberated about the wisdom of participating in some of these discussions here for that reason. Deep down I know it's probably best to stay away from religion and politics as they say. anyway. I'll try and do better.

12. adoo

adoo Member

but, you can buy protective PUTs in your 401K account, assuming that it is self-directed.

In my Schwab 401K account, 2 days before the SOTUA, I purchased protective PUTs on the SPY

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't understand what guys like you can't understand.

Trump voters like what he has done especially when it comes to actual governing.

Just because Trump calling himself a genius causes an uproar on cf.net and cnn doesn't mean anything

cml750 likes this.
  14. pirc1

only way to see how this turn out is in Nov.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh, we understand you like trump's "actual governing". The confusion is... why? Why do you like a president who has had not one, but two government closures in his short year of being president (and btw, he wanted the closures)? Why you like a president whose administration is filled with incompetent, corrupt, and immoral people? Why do you like a president who is under investigation for collusion, money laundering, emoluments violations, and obstruction of justice? Why do you like a president who seems uninterested in actual briefings and instead focuses his attention on Fox & Friends? I could go on... but just getting answers to the short list would help me understand your support...

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This essentially boils down to everyone misreading the electorate first go round.

Trump supporters are entrenched in their values that they believe he shares.

The election is decided by a few truly independent voters every year. Turnout becomes another factor if a a party doesn't have a very popular candidate. However campaigning is Trump's strong point.

What Democrats need to focus on is Trump flipped White male Midwest Reagan Democrats. A lot of those people actually voted for Obama and Hilary just wasn't popular with them. There's your election.

People have to stop believing the media narrative that he won because of some undercurrent of racism.

This country only progresses in race relations because old people die and young people take over.

Every election is about the economy. Immigration is essentially an economic issue. People don't want their jobs taken.

cml750 likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

*******. Please stop saying I support Trump's policies

We could have a mature discussion if you stop being an ******* about.

Im trying to focus on why he won. That involves discussing what people liked about him.

Secondly just as you've delved back into Russia stupidity. That isn't getting Democrats anywhere.

18. pirc1

There will be some defections but the hardcore supporters will stick with him no matter what, my hope is that the people who did not vote will be voting this time around.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When I say Democrats need to take a serious look in the mirror, turnout is one of the issues they need to come to grips with.

Obama was a great campaigner before being a good President.

The Democrat base can't be counted on like the Republican base. If it could be Democrats would hardly ever lose

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trying to to turn collusion into obstruction isn't going to flip flippable Trump voters.

It will only entrench them more

Edit: Democrats need to stay focused on the economy.

If Sanders wasn't so old he would still be in play cause some of those Reagan Democrats like his economic rhetoric