1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

So who was inhabiting his body during the Olympics & other international play?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

makes no difference to me bc it doesnt translate over into NBA play where the level of competition and attributes needed to win are completely different. last i checked he hasnt been doing much of that in recent years and the team he just left took a breath of fresh air and are currently playing much better basketball without him

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Like I said your mind is made up as is mine... I'll take him for little to no cost in heart beat. AND I KNOW our team will be better for it (and if not... no harm, no foul... buh bye)

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

no thanks. his harm would be bringing the team hes on down with him just as its been the last several years

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

[​IMG]

Jontro, jch1911 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Can't see him getting waived or bought out. Maybe next season, but even if he stayed that long that's more reason to keep him on the roster instead of buying him out and losing him for nothing.

If anything there's going to be a trade, and that's going to cost money. Gotta make the salaries match and keep everything under the cap.

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

One telling thing of why I'm glad we don't have Anthony. If the media asked Chris Paul about coming off the bench he would say "Whatever the Rockets need". Wade for Cleveland did come off the bench voluntarily. Anthony just laughed in their faces.

Can't have that ego on our team killing chemistry. So glad we dodged a bullet with him.

YOLO likes this.
  8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Less games and games that don't towards his career. It's easy to for superstars to play reduced/specialized roles in the Olympics. To sacrifice one's role as the primary option to play a support role after an entire career of being a primary option throughout the course of an entire NBA season on the other hand, that's completely different and a hard ask for most superstars.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Ryno is a better fit even though he is overpriced.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21828352/implosion-rebuilt-new-york-knicks

"10. He's no Rocket man
    Anthony, along with most of the rest of the NBA, said in September that he strongly believed he'd be traded to Houston in early July. He'd been talking to friends about teaming up with Chris Paul and, eventually, LeBron James in Houston and how the Rockets could match up with the defending champion Golden State Warriors. He went as far as to detail individual matchups between that hypothetical Rockets team and the Warriors, surmising that he and the Rockets could take out the Warriors. For most of the offseason, Anthony was confident that the Knicks and Rockets would get a deal together. One potential trade involving the Bucks as a third team, with Jabari Parker headed to New York, was discussed. The Lakers and Trail Blazers, among other teams, had interest in dealing for Anthony. But ultimately, nothing came to fruition. Anthony was stuck in New York until new president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry moved him to Oklahoma City shortly before training camp."

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

Anthony, Carmelo.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Hear my out. Carmelo Anthony opts out of the final year of his deal just like Ty Lawson did to come to the Rockets. We send Anderson and maybe a protected pick and other other fillers to get Melo. Who says no?

18. ricky-retardo

ricky-retardo Contributing Member

I say no

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Paul/someone
    Harden/Gordon
    LeBron/IsoJoe/Vinsanity
    Melo/ZBo
    DeAndre/Black

Capela walks cause he gets the max.

IsoJoe and Vinsanity join us to win a ring then retire. ZBo gets bought out and joins us to win a ring. DeAndre takes a massive paycut.

bilaal14 likes this.