1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things getting strange in Alabama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a night. Texas is not immune to Democratic gains in 2018, in my opinion. Like Alabama, there are huge numbers of Texans ready to rebel against the political party that gave us Mr. trump, Moore, and that weird GOP senator here in Texas, the one without the big mane of hair. What's his name.

Yea!!

KingCheetah and DreamShook like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I mean this is great.. your vote counts. If only we could figure out a way to get people more enthusiastic about voting.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Meh...

Don’t misunderstand what happened here. The republicans just ran the worst candidate they could possibly run. A stereotype of what people mock about republicans AND a potential pedophile.

Despite that the democrat will win by about 1% because 1.7% of the voters chose to do a write in

Major, ElPigto and DreamShook like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Looks like 70% of the white people in Alabama voted for Moore. That's in line with Trump's approval rating among Republicans. Guestimation is rough around the edges because not all Republicans are white, but good enough to predict voter turnout...

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Except Cruz is extremely popular among Republicans in Texas.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

LOL, shame on white people of Alabama. Embarrassing that they would vote for a pedo.

krnxsnoopy and Nook like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I apologize to Alabama, the people of that state have proved that there is such a thing as common human decency beyond politics. What a great night for the country.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"Meh," if you like, but it would be difficult to find a more conservative state than Alabama, and the people just gave trump, Moore, and the bizarre trump presidency a giant **** you. In my opinion, you can't overstate how big this is.

Hakeemtheking and DreamShook like this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Good.

It's sad that it took accusations of pedophilia to ensure a victory. All of his racist and bigoted comments and beliefs and his several suspensions and removals from the bench weren't enough to disqualify him from the start.

A_3PO and DreamShook like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

As long as they can vote...

12. justtxyank

Exit polls say most Alabama voters still supported trump. We just finally found a bridge too far on the decency train and thank god for that. If the man wasn’t a pervy potential pedophile he’d be the senator elect right now

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. justtxyank

I’m sure Alabama will pass some new voting regulations over the next 18 months

14. Invisible Fan

I wonder what the Don Juan's next face to face with Sessions will be like.

With the number of things to lay blame on the ol' dandy, Donald will have to give Kush a wheel to spin.

15. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

For me, Alabama was not about Senate majority. I'm just glad conservatives are beginning to truly "drain their swamp" in this Trump era and not elect immoral and self-serving leaders based only on party lines. I really hope that in 2020, conservatives can find and elect a leader with decency and win back Alabama.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The biggest loser tonight isn't Roy Moore or Donald Trump, it's nearly 50% of Alabama voters who exposed themselves as abhorrent by voting for Roy Moore. Republican party is made up of mostly terrible people.

CometsWin and weakfromtoday like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah because they don't like pedophiles. Being a narcissistic lady groper is ok but once you start doing it to kids that's their last straw.

VivaChelseaFC and R0ckets03 like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Alabamans showed they have a stronger sense of values than it appeared in the run-up to the election.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The polls was correct this time, it was just about 50-50.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Moore won the white college educated men and women vote:

[​IMG]

I guess on the positive side only 51% of college educated women voted for him. I don't see how as a women you can vote for this guy.

Most people with a college degree did not vote for moore.

[​IMG]

However the whites loved him:

[​IMG]

What does it say about the white people in Alabama whom overwhelmingly voted for a racist, anti semitic, homophobic pedophile .