1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't think I've ever stated that and don't see how it addresses what I'm saying here.

2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This. To me absolute price value of stock is second, what matters is price cap.

If people think BCC & Ripple are in it. I already have Ripple and will start buying BCC, too, now. Don't care if I'm wrong, what I put in I'm okay losing.

I have 300 ripple. I'll load the hell up on that. And start buying BCC.

Monero, you think that'll happen? @LongTimeFan

SIL

3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Pyramid it. I'm running it back like that.

Only way to get past these limits.

SIL

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Which can be big enough to add significant gain.

You don't think people signed up last night, saw cheap LTC, and start lifting away?

SIL

5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This is not trading advice, but as a trader with a large market share and power within my area. If I was stepping into the CC futures stage, this is an opportunity for the greatest short ever.

I'd pump it up until opening, and absolutely short the **** out of it from tip off. That's if I was a whale. And in my sphere, I am a whale. So curious to what the big boy BTC holders are thinking.

I have buys back in at 5-11k levels, tapering up in vol as price dips.

SIL

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Took a look at MC standings, if I'm CB ripple has to be among the next two I bring.

Cap is larger than LTC, one issue is vol being traded low, but CB alone will remedy that if it's on the exchange.

Supply is there. It's price point is effective to get people on the edge, to sign up and try.

BCC has top CC characteristics to trade, so that'd be 2nd. Basically, after looking this up I've come to the same conclusion as @LongTimeFan lol.

SIL

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Possible, but I got completely out of XRP after the Ripple Swell conference.

People have to remember that Ripple isn't XRP, Ripple itself works fine without the XRP token and there's little incentive for banks to use XRP. While a large amount of banks like the Ripple network and it will surely grow in upcoming years, XRP is a completely different horse. During the Swell conferences, the invited speakers (heads of Ripple partner banks) unanimously said they don't see a need to adopt XRP at all and don't believe in crypto as of right now.
    And even if they change their views, they said they could come up with their own coin.

When your partners say something like this during your own conference, it is very alarming.
    To me, XRP seems like an initial way of funding for Ripple and now they don't need it at all to be successful. All they need is the Ripple platform itself.

I'd honestly be much more interested in Ripple shares than XRP. Again, people have to know that they are buying XRP, which isn't related to the Ripple network as much as you'd like and not in any way tied to its success. The name is extremely misleading to me, but that's probably intentional.

#2247 Yung-T, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Adding Bitcoin to your company name drove stock up.

My intentions are to put money where the wave goes, not just a fundamental basis. Yes, that too though. I'd like to cover ground everywhere, let all costs be rewarded with 1-2peaks.

What you just told me I had zero clue. Afaik, Ripple
    is XRP. And this is an "investor" throwing down Gs on it. See how logic doesn't always work.

Not fundamentally knowledgeable investors, or really traders, are willing to throw down to catch a wave.

Ripplewith such a low cost per, high cap screams target to me. That's not knowing anything you just said.

SIL

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Unless I'm trading a physical commodity, I want to know very little about fundamentals in the paper world. I've learned it's utterly useless... people, emotions, opportunities create more havoc than knowing.

The only thing worth knowing is which CCs have actual standalone merit and tangible value. I hear Eth does, but let's put those out on a list.

I call these buy & hold, dollar cost way.

Then I want to know which have little value, but extremely high volatility.

Those are my stop limit guys with wide bid @ offer spreads,and depending on cost per I'll be solid volume. If it's a $.04-.$25 CC, that's still very valuable to me.

I'd throw bid hits @.04001+.04007 tapering down in volume and sell lots at the .245-.253 going past new peaks for say $500. That's $20 out, $120 in. Double my entry in and out. Gotta stay disciplined and be willing to lose the $500 entry for anybody that wants to follow this. Its not advice, just my strategy going forward for this.

SIL

DudeWah, Yung-T and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have not been a big fan of Ripple on the investment side. With it being centralized, I am not so sure coinbase wants to take on the risk.

I suspect we will see BCC and Dash being added. I am not so sure about Monero. I suspect Coinbase will play ball with regulators and steer clear of CC's that might bring them trouble.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

I understand your strategy. However most trying to day trade are losing their asses (I should say limited gains). The few people I know all have admitted if they would have just HODL from the beginning would be much much better off.

New investors really need to have a strategy on what they want to accomplish. Don't come in with a HODL mentality and then a week later decide you want to start trading.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wouldn’t Ripple make sense to add to coinbase if they’re working with regulators?

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I don't feel that would deter them. Coinbase will have regulators on them without Ripple, too.

SIL

I'd hope that.

That's why I have two different strategies.
    B&H with DCA
    Active Trading with some.

SIL

14. Major

Major Member

Understood, but that's more about being added to Coinbase than the price itself. While the price is cheaper, it's going to require a lot more purchases to move the price up. So the individual share price doesn't really matter at all, if that makes sense. Ripple being at $0.25 with 40 billion shares is no different than being at $2500 with 4 million shares. If people bought $1,000,000 in Ripple either way, the price would move the same amount.

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Got it...appreciate your information and insight on this.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

How are you shorting BTC on Coinbase?

17. Space Ghost

Read Yung-T's post on Ripple.

You have to keep in mind that none of these projects are regulated by any jurisdiction, investment wise. This makes centralized projects dangerous. Since coinbase is getting increased pressure from regulators, they may not want to be stuck holding the bag if things go south.

I hear a lot how people like a certain project and choose to buy the projects token. Unless that token is tied directly to the projects outcome, its largely worthless, especially if the project has no means to generate revenue.

mrm32 likes this.
  18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Here’s one thing we can (maybe) all agree on:

Bitcoin cash is a lock to be on coinbase.

Coinbase was going to support it immediately after the hard fork. I would be floored if it was not listed in 2018.

I also think XRP listing would lead to rise in price. I’d guess majority of New people/casual investors who sign up on coinbase Buy LTC because it’s the cheapest option. Wait until CB gives them the XRP option...

clutch citizen and SirIvyLeague like this.
  19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

That is exactly my thinking as I mentioned a bit earlier..it's gonna happen no matter how small or large the increase.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The big short finally happening today, will be interesting to see where this goes.