1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Or Tatum, you know, the best rookie of the class of 2017 so far.

roslolian and fba34 like this.
  2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Imagine the Lakers keeping Dlo, and then drafting Tatum and Kuzma. That would be a great young foundation of players with Ingram coming alive this season. Who knows, maybe Ball will turn it around

3. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I understand that his father brought the troll out of all of us, but I disagree that he's a bust. He has sucked mad dong, there's no denying it, but I give him the benefit of the doubt with the crazy pressure and attention he gets. The floor speed is there, the ability to see people open before they are is there. He just needs to gain more confidence, and that comes with time. Destroy me if you want, but I'm not selling my Lonzo stock.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

If the shooting doesn't come along -- that is to say, if he turns out to be nothing more than a better rebounding Ricky Rubio -- he'll still be a solid NBA player, maybe somewhere in the bottom third of starting PGs. But given the hype surrounding him and where he was taken in the draft, that would qualify him as a bust, IMO.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Well Westbrook and Beal turned out ok

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol westbrick

9. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I must say LaVar did a hell of a job to convince not only the Lakers but big Networks to televise Laker games.

This might be the biggest scam of all time. I think JaMarcus Russell might reach out for pointers.

After all I have seen so far, this dude is at best tier 3 pg. Argue some backups are better than Lonzo and should go to D-league to work against his level talent.

LaVar better start on LaMelo because Lonzo for sure will be a bust IMO....

IBTL likes this.
  10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

There are fundamental issues with his mechanics, his attitude, and personality. Him walking away from his teammates during a scuffle is just the surface, the guy is not aggressive and not skilled enough to be passive like other players. Kuzma going for a dunk on Embiid and missing I respect more than Zo. DSJ looks like he wants to destroy the rim everytime he attacks. He has been embarrassed when defending better point guards as well. Even a great GM/FO may not pick the best player available when looking back, but if there are 5,8, or 10+ players that end up being better than a #2 overall that were selected after him then he is a relative bust.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Uh oh. Apparently, now Lonzo has been accused of store theft!

He was caught trying to steal a “Fundamentals of Shooting” DVD.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

lonzo knows how to avoid potential suspensions. raspak.

14. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

I taught my boy to be smart and he's out here outsmarting everyone.

15. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

Triple double and the dub tonight!! BBB we out here!

Von Rafer likes this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How many hours did your kids practice to become elite?

Von Rafer likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

you done well, good sir. you raised him up and now he climbin mountains.

LaVar Ball likes this.
  18. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Can't stand the amount of attention this guy is getting. I think the media was hyping him up to be a sensation so now need to make a comment about him every 6 hours because it was put in their work schedule before the season started.

Not even top 10 rookies, but you'd think he was putting up Ben Simmons numbers with this amount of chatter and reporting.

macho GRANDE and daywalker02 like this.
  19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Well, his dad said he's be historic! Look....Number 1 already!
    No, he's a bust if he doesn't have a solid NBA career. Being...the 6th, 9th, or 11th best player drafted doesn't make you a bust. Well, for 11th...it depends on how good #10 actually is.

As for living up to the hype...the hype was so ridiculous that was never possible to begin with. He was going to be the next Magic...that was never going to happen.

I do agree there are fundamental issues...that's why I was surprised he was drafted as high as he was. He does seem to have a decent BBIQ and passing skills, but he isn't that athletic (a real issue in today's game) and he can't shoot (another real issue).

I did watch a bit of the 76ers Lakers game, and did see this year's rookie of the year play and look spectacular as the point man. And it wasn't Lonzo Ball.