1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Deuce

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, May 31, 2017.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

From David Simon who did The Wire (best cop drama of all time) and Treme. I'll give it a shot based on this fact alone. Apparently its about the pron industry in New York during the 70s.

2. conquistador#11

You all had me at pron.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

good HBO tatas is enough for me

4. 713

713 Member

Treme any good?
    I'm excited for this, i enjoy pron in creamy garlic sauce.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Looks good, gonna add this to my list.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Content-wise they already tried this with Tell Me You Love Me. Farkas even finished on camera.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Man, Maggie Gyllenhaal sure does love to get nekkid in movies. Too bad she has a face of a pancake. All said and done thoe, still would.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Bump. This show is fantastic.

jcf and heypartner like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I love it so far.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

might check it out, but gives off too much of the "Vinyl" vibe--which ultimately flopped

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It became far too much of a downer, in my opinion. I know Vinyl was based on actual people, etc., but I would have preferred a bit of fudging with the facts in order to have a more enjoyable time watching the series. This is coming from someone who ordinarily prefers "history as it happened." I love music and the music covered in Vinyl. I loved it at the time. Why take a dump on my pleasure? ;):cool:

The Deuce? As someone who has watched nearly every classic X rated flick from the 1970's (I have a nice collection, but I'm still looking for The Opening of Misty Beethoven), when New York, not the Valley, was the center of that universe, I'm looking forward to seeing it. Adult films appeared to be on the verge of going mainstream in the '70's. People like Johnny Carson and Jackie Onassis were spotted standing in line to see Behind the Green Door. After all, Marilyn Chambers was hot off the cover of every Ivory Snow box in the country!

[​IMG]

jcf likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just finished the first season. I personally think its great. Really well directed and the characters are fun and unique. The last episode was superiorly done. It showed a cycle of the life at that stage where the original girls had a better opportunity in film and there are always new girls to take their place on the streets. That showed even more on the last shot with the new parlor. Even though your surroundings and environment are fancier, its still the same trade.

GRENDEL likes this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I thought ti was great, really looking forward to next season. David Simon really has a feel for these type of shows, really impressive all around. RIP Thunder

14. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

*Ruby

GRENDEL likes this.
  15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Love this show, didn't know this last episode was the season finale. That sucks.

16. jcf

jcf Member

Bump. (so, what did you think?)

Just started watching largely by chance. Halfway through first season. Great so far.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads-up! I’ve yet to watch it. Will rectify that very soon. ;-)

jcf likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

We've been watching since the start and it's been great throughout.....underappreciated show IMO...