1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is gonna sound weird but I need a club sandwhich right now...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tha_Dude, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Woogie's maybe. They have some really good stuff there.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is gonna sound weird but since I have to eat lunch anyway, the sandwich of the day today is the Reuben burger. Would anyone be annoyed if I went and had one, took a picture, and posted that picture here? I mean I wouldn't want to run into any @heypartner -esque Wrath-of-Kahn's-Deli issues with my misplaced meaty miscegenational mixing of ground beef and corned beef . . . on the other hand the Reuburger is wicked good as they say in Maine.

Maybe this deserves its own thread and requires a poll. Only problem is I'm hungry right now and need to make a decision, can't wait for the poll results. ;)

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No Wrath. That sandwich sounds good. It knows what it wants to be. It wants to be a Reuburger. :cool: I'd get it, as long as they promise it's not Day-Old corned beef from yesterday's Reuben special. I'd ask them for the fatty cut of CB for that burger.

It would be funny if it comes with Caramelized Onions and Sauerkraut...."and Horseradish,,,hold the russian dressing." haha. Could work with a burger.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

French dip sandwiches are the best.

Tha_Dude and KingCheetah like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

with @heypartner 's blessing, I venture thus forward :D

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

okay, as promised. This is what today's Reuburger looked like before meeting its final demise. 'twas yummy.

[​IMG]

heypartner likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

This is gonna sound weird but as an aside it occurs to me that music lovers among you might be interested to know some of the history of this particular restaurant . . . well, the building it's in anyway.

Here's what the interior and exterior looks like--I usually try to go after the lunch rush is over and usually have the place to myself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This location was home to the Moog synthesizer manufacturing plant back in the 1960s and 70s. True story. And I look at the historic plaque outside the restaurant every time I go in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so a lot of folks know about use of Moog synths in Beatles music, ELP, and others . . . but believe it or not this is the first pop song to feature the synth throughout:

anyway . . . probably deserves its own thread :cool:

#87 Os Trigonum, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Tha_Dude, ATXNekko and heypartner like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This Keanu paradox made me laugh

[​IMG]

KevinsBacon likes this.