1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

so was FTW lying and you are actually real insider? I'm still trying to figure out who has real sources and who doesn't.

We all know @basketballholic is a pathological liar

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Still don't get the his $&#^??? :oops::confused:

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Replace the bunny with this pic and im sure you will

[​IMG]

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

So many scenarios!!!

[​IMG]

Bobsputin likes this.
  5. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Naw, the source gotta be his brother, @Chamillionaire .

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's put it this way... FTW doesn't/doesn't want to know the truth. (insert Jack Nicholson/A Few Good Men). Look at my whole posting history....22-23 years, whatever it is? And out of the blue, I'm just going to break with who I am. Common sense should rule the day here. Before or since, it would be out of character.

No, it didn't have a happy ending. That said, I gave you what I had, with altruistic motives..things were indeed on course..stuff happens though...on many levels of life. (I lost my connect towards the end due to hardcore medical issues, he was on life support) Do I wish that I hadn't shared what I heard? YES!

But, I've attempted to move on...and if we need to air it out for that to happen..so be it.... this likely isn't the place though. (although it would kill some time while we wait for Melo)

I'm a family member / loooongtime poster ...That's it. And to be honest, I'd rather not rehash the whole thing...whatever it takes though....seeing as this is home.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

FTW needs to post something relevant to basketball from time to time. Contribute something to actual basketball discussions FFS.

All he does is talk **** for the most part.. schtick is getting old.

#6487 sammy, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wait, what's going on with plowman and FTW?

9. No Chill Rocket

[​IMG]

10. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Took me a minute. 1st thing i thought of was hair piece (hare peace)...lol.

D-rock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Im not exactly sure but im curious to see who wins. Ftw started it off and plow clapped back like a true mofo champ.

Ftw finna come back and piss on this whole thread if plow doesnt deliver a knockout blow soon.

#haulassto500

justtxyank likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Legal or illegal?

13. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Ok new theory (caveat: I am making this up and in no way am I an insider):

The reason why players now seem sure this will happen is because the Rockets and Knicks have already agreed to make the trade, but are working together to posture in the media to extract more out of the third team in the trade.

Scott Perry said something to Morey like, I hate that the previous administration promised Melo a trade to Houston, and I don't want to make this trade, but for the sake of relationships with agents and future players, we're going to honor this promise. I don't like the three team trade that was almost done, but we'll take it if we have to. But given there is a while until pre-season starts and we have time, as a favor to us, why don't you see if you can get something better, we'll both leak to the media we're okay not doing this deal or letting it go into the season, and maybe one of the potential third teams will blink and throw in a 2nd rounder or a better player/contract." And Morey, knowing it's the offseason so he's in no rush, and in an effort to placate Perry (gotta maintain relations with other GMs, there's only 29 other trade partners, no need to burn bridges) has agreed and is doing what he can to get at least a marginally better deal.

In a nutshell, the Knicks have agreed to a base deal, but have asked the Rockets to help/hold out for a better deal, and the Rockets are okay with that because the opportunity cost of waiting is low in the offseason and they want to maintain relationships. Maybe Portland blinks and adds a 2nd rounder, or Detroit realizes their team is still awful and offers a deal, or Utah decides to throw their hat in the ring last minute. Maybe not. Who knows.

Thoughts?

JoeBarelyCares and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The reason I reject this is because if you have a deal that involves a 3rd team you want to pull the trigger ASAP. You don't want it to linger because that gives that other party a chance to change their mind (as Portland apparently has now). That's the cost of waiting when you have more than two teams involved.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I kinda like your idea and who knows, anything is possible...the thing i'm not sure though is, finding a team for Anderson is/was not easy, if you find it, wouldn't be very risky to wait instead of doing the deal as soon as possible? I think the Rockets have no reason to wait if there's a third team willing to make the trade now, because if for some reason the third team changes his mind they would be probably screwed, and to some extent you can say the same for the Knicks.

Matt78777 likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

Space alien, weird that's the first thing that comes to your mind

17. rockets13champs

18. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Get melo maybe wade follows.

D-rock, Matt78777 and Know Your Role like this.
  19. mockster

mockster Member

That would be epic. Our bench would be unstoppable

Plus death line up of CP3, Wade, harden, Melo, clint

Tfor3, Pen15clubber and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  20. basketballholic

@Plowman

FTW, Mathrocker, and penclubber are three little brats that roll around here together defacing everything with their constant stream of literary feces that they smear all over and then play in like the forum is their sandbox. IMO, all three need to go. They don't bring basketball discussion to the boards. They're simply a distraction and a bad example for new members.

You have support here. If you decide to ignore them, post it, so the rest of us can follow suit. I'm seriously considering ignoring all of them anyways. I do make it a point not dignify them with a response to any of their posts since they disrespect the forum constantly.

I did try to befriend FTW a while back. And I really don't mind her personal attacks. But she is neither funny nor entertaining to read because of the lack of basketball talk that is then totally drowned out in her deluge of insults to anybody that knows more than her about the game and the team (which doesn't take much). Pen was given a timeout a while back. I was hopeful he'd change. But no chance. He's back to slinging crap everywhere. Mathrocker is his twin that follows him up with the "who me?" dumb act while interviewing you and getting you to write commentary about the color, texture, and flavor of their poo graffiti.

Anytime you decide to plunge the ignore plug, let us know so we can follow suit if we haven't already beat you to it.