1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Trade option(s)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ZeroPoint, Apr 14, 2017.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you really think this city doesn't abandon disappointments you must have short term memory loss. Just look at the Rockets last season. It took them almost the entire year to convince fans to show up to games after the Lawson/McHale cluster****.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

But it doesn't sound like they were in on Addison Reed so I wouldn't assume they were blindly trading for any reliever not bolted to the ground. The only names mentioned were Britton, Verlander/Wilson, Hand, mystery reliever + Darvish and Gray. (And, of course, Liriano.) I may be blanking - but those were the players they were most often linked to.

Wilson was dealt and is fair game. But Britton and Hand weren't so it's at least plausible that the asking price for both was high enough as to scare off multiple teams.

3. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

4. Major

Major Member

They have 3 weeks to see how they play, how Keuchel/McHugh/McCullers/Harris recover from injury, and whether Verlander continues his resurgence before having to make a decision. Unless they are afraid of some other team getting him, there's no real need to make a move right now.

chievous minniefield and SS0101 like this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Reddick says the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> were &quot;down in the dumps&quot; about the trade deadline <a href="https://t.co/2rC0LAa0Xt">pic.twitter.com/2rC0LAa0Xt</a></p>&mdash; MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) <a href="">August 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

everyday eddie and J.R. like this.
  6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

That's what i'm pissed about though. We should have been in on guys like Addison Reed, he is a lot better than some of what we are throwing out there, and it wouldn't have taken much to get him

I'm not arguing about what we offered for the guys we were in on, i'm saying there were guys we could have got that we didn't...and for me personally, that pisses me off

7. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

That's the thing. Everyone says "well you can't blame Luhnow for the O's backing out and Hand being too expensive" but it's not like those are the only two relievers in the whole league who could improve our team.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'd be embarrassed to say those words out loud. What a joke.

chievous minniefield and BigM like this.
  9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

How dare he tell the truth!

11. MadMax

Really? I just think he's being honest. I was disappointed too...and it's not my career.

The Beard likes this.
  12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Is it just me or is RM95 being extra salty???

I for one don't blame Reddick one iota. The players are doing their job and as employees there's an expectation from them to have management to do theirs... and Lunhow and co failed miserably. Every indication is that we made almost no competitive offers nor did we even go in on obvious arms that were traded for packages far less than what we could've offered without even relinquishing our top 4-5 prospects.

IMO there is zero defense for standing pat. ZERO. and to jump on the players for expressing their displeasure (in a fairly professional manner mind you and only after they were asked) is asinine. They've performed above everyone's expectations... for management to sit back and do nothing while almost every other contender was making significant moves is a slap in the face to every player in that locker room.

13. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Game-losing error from Mr. Down in the Dumps...

14. astros123

astros123 Member

this could be one of the worst moves in this teams history seeing what position we were in.

PATHETIC

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm here for the sun shine and rainbows.

I'm bent over, who's giving it to me?

16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

What kind of player talks about "being down in the dumps" about not making a trade 1 day after the trade deadline let alone 10?! And why the **** is he hitting 3rd?

17. MadMax

Astros Twitter turning on Astros on the roster in favor of prospects. What a perfect ending.

Nook likes this.
  18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I've noticed more and more posters choosing to spend their time on twitter... which is sorta like going from hunting wild game to picking low-hanging fruit.

Who knew the 2011-2014 suck-a-palooza would create a whole generation of prospect-ologists.

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I've said it a million times: there is a sizable and very vocal portion of our fan base who values the team building aspect of baseball more than the major league product. They have never flipped the switch from the dark years.

REEKO_HTOWN, Snake Diggit and MadMax like this.
  20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The entire fan base and all of sports media are begging the Astros to trade for Verlander and yet it doesn't happen. Frustrating beyond belief.