1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Irving will be traded first

2. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Melo will be a rocket. Period.

HakeemOnlyFan and jch1911 like this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Is Pounder your source?

HakeemOnlyFan and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  4. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Lol. Hell no. Just supreme confidence.

HakeemOnlyFan and BigggReddd like this.
  5. mockster

mockster Member

it's the waiting game, Knicks are going after Kyrie pretty hard waiting to see if cavs will budge. N obviously convince Melo to waive no trade clause.

Kyrie has pretty much ruined the "imminent" talks

Hopefully cavs can trade kyrie or maybe the Knicks get it through their heads kyrie ain't coming to Knicks

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I disagree, but I hope you're right.

Your argument is he won't waive his no trade clause for anyone else.

My argument is the deal that was on the table wasn't good enough for the Knicks and is not improving.

I think the former is more likely to change than the latter as time goes on.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  8. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

This also aligns exactly with what I was told last week and posted here. Melo is starting to get frustrated. Per the same guy I talked to he is wanting to get this deal done at the latest a few weeks before camp. If not he will add other teams to his trade list. The Knicks are waiting this out until that happens. I am sorry for the bad news but it's what I was told and the news confirming this is going to be slowly leaking more and more over the next week.

9. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Yeah.............ok

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

ESPN trade machine says Jarrod Uthoff cannot be traded until August 28th. Just in time for this thread to hit 1000 pages.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Uhh you must have missed the part where here he says that melo wants to start practicing w the Rockets. He's dead set on joining the Rockets and is not expanding his wish list bud

#4511 sammy, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  12. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Who does this guy think he is? Woj? Shams? Potato? DJ quick?

sammy likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Chill dudes and dudettes.

It's still July, and deadlines have yet to pass on when certain players can be traded. I'm sure this is the reason it hasn't gone down yet.

On the other hand, if that isn't the reason why, and the true reason is because Ryno has negative value, Morey will throttle up slowly as we get closer to the season. He won't **** his pants over getting rid of a couple extra pieces to get Melo. Afterall, Melo is the final piece in locking LeBron to Houston in 2018. If it means getting rid of Ego and taking back CLee, Morey will do it come October.

Glad this Melo stuff is finally happening, me and @VonRafer have been calling for Ryno for Melo since the second we signed the phag

sammy and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Like Melo didn't know from the start how the process of this trade was going to be...the Knicks wanted him out for a year, basically traded him to Houston the past weeks just to suddenly pause the deal, go back doing their own business and now they're wasting time trying to get Irving...if he's really becoming frustrated (i'd wait to hear this from a reliable source first) it's probably towards the Knicks.

BigggReddd and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  15. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

No. Didn't miss it. It is true that's what Melo wants. But the trade has been almost done 3 times now. So yes melo is getting frustrated. He will only wait so long. He is going into his final stretch of years in the NBA. If New York is calling their bluff, which I've heard is true, then they will keep doing this until he gets frustrated and chooses another team. That is their strategy. Gets his frustration to the rockets instead of them. If they just weren't negotiating with Houston at this point that's something different. But they are now and by letting these deals get almost done then they are banking on this getting melo ticked off the rockets won't get the deal done.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he wants to join the Rockets but the Knicks still have to accept the trade offer that Houston and some other team helping us are willing to give. Just because Melo has a no trade Kicker, it doesn't mean he can just demand the knicks to take whatever offer is on the table from that team. If that was the case it would have happened by now and Melo would be a Rocket and Ryan Anderson would be a Knick. The sooner Kyrie gets traded out of Cleveland to another team and the Knicks can stop dreaming, we will most likely get Melo. This is exactly what The Knicks want. They want Melo to expand his trade list. If not they'll just create drama that'll get media attention all year long.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

....but not real fast.

18. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Why would he be mad at the Rockets? He knows we aren't gutting the team for him.. Doesn't make sense.

19. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

This guy is off.

20. aroundtheblock2

You keep saying this as if the Rockets should be offering more to get the deal done....yeah that would be the case if I'm the New York Knicks. Your whole perspective is seen from the NYK side. If Melo is frustrated with the Rockets on this trade then he can GF himself because we don't do things that way. I'd love to see where he ends up if he did do that because it isn't going to be as fun as it'd be if he stayed patient and came on board with HOU.

Anyways, I refuse to believe your "source" and it only makes sense that he would be frustrated with the Knicks. The KNICKS paused the trade talks, the KNICKS are the ones who treated him like **** in the media, the KNICKS are the ones who were trying to convince him to join the rebuilding team. Yes, notice how the ROCKETS didn't do any of that? You said the same **** last week and its still 100% wrong and makes no sense.

D-rock and VegasRocketsFan79 like this.