1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Transgenders no longer welcome in the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is funny how all of the most mentally feeble posters here in the D&D all roll with the same tactic of ignorantly accusing people of bigotry. You crazy kids probably don't even see how stupid it makes you look when you go that route.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not all transgender people are suicidal. Again, that should be assessed on a case by case basis.

The "thinks they are a cat" comparison is silly. We should leave this to experts who actually study this phenomenon in some depth and can assess the extent to which it can impair their ability to serve.

It should also say something that every single Western ally of ours permits transgender people to serve in the military. Trump talks about the greatness of Western culture -- so why the departure on issues like this?

#282 durvasa, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  3. Buck Turgidson

My first trip to the old Westheimer Street Fest back in '90 as a 16-year-old suburban white boy was definitely an eye opening experience.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I see how you read it that way, but no. On the contrary, we should each have no pressure or concern with being exactly who we are. We each are individual to ourselves and society have no said on who we should be.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We better not have any bigoted talk in here about trans-species individuals.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are incredible. Certainly trump suits you. You are continually attacking transgender Americans serving in the military, and yet have the nerve to write, "I bear them no ill will." You are a liar, sir, with all respect due. Your posts on this topic, the ones that I have read, have been full of nothing BUT ill will towards transgender Americans. Get a grip on yourself. You are looking more foolish and more bigoted by the minute.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Close your eyes and count to 10 kiddo, you'll give yourself a stroke getting that triggered by facts that you can't intelligently refute. Lashing out ignorantly calling people "bigots" for stating facts only makes you look worse.

Astrodome likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I completely agree. We should be civil to each other no matter ones beliefs, provided they are not infringing on another. And that is where the problem lies. Both sides are pretty intolerant of each's beliefs to the point where one feels everything needs to be regulated by the government.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's hard to believe that people are arguing against this.

10. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Please stick to the argument that was presented. I simply said that the estimated number does not seem appropriate. I also mentioned that I am neither on the left or the right. There is no bigotry involved here. It is a mere questioning of the estimate that was provided. I'll see myself out of this sh*t show.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If a person thinks he or she has the soul of a cat (or whatever that means) but can still function as a competent human in military service, then they shouldn't be automatically banned unless a mental health expert advises otherwise.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You don't think someone can make a rational, sane decision about their gender preference? Doesn't seem crazy to me.

And comparing them to a cat? LOL.

No offense, b/c I know you're smart, but you sound like you're living a bit of a sheltered life.

Next step is that you'd be comparing allowing gay people to marry to allowing someone to marry a horse, or their calculator.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't you get it? If you disagree with simple minded people like Deckard on ANYTHING it automatically makes you a bigot in his eyes.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Adios. Sorry I went to the trouble to point out that you were wrong, in my humble opinion.

15. dandorotik

You don't think someone can make a rational, sane decision about their gender? I've met quite a few transgender people and they seem pretty normal to me. A small sample size, but still.

Well, eventually, that outmoded way of thinking about LGBTQ individuals won't be around much longer.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well for sure there might be some trans-species individuals who aren't so affected by their mental illness that they can still function as a human......but given that they don't have the activism backing them that transsexuals do, I'd bet they'd be immediately chaptered out of the military the second a shrink got wind of their condition.

17. dandorotik

Heck, there are some people who get plastic surgery who look way worse than TG individuals. Some days, I can't tell what gender Mickey O'Rourke is.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Including the commander-in-chief.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that so much as it's that I don't think that has a place in the military. Like I said earlier, I had a friend who was in the Army the same time I was who is what you would probably consider transsexual.....but she didn't make it an issue so it wasn't one. She still accepted the fact that she was a woman and conformed to the standards of a female while she was in. After she was out, things changed and that was cool, but if she had done that while in the military it would have been a distraction which would have been a problem.

Transsexualism is a mental disorder, that's just how it is. Accepting that fact isn't suggesting that transsexuals are lesser people or anything of the sort. LOTS of people deal with some degree of mental disorders. Some cope with it well, some don't. It's only a problem for those who don't.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would argue those people almost certainly suffer from mental disorders as well and they shouldn't be in the military either.