1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Transgenders no longer welcome in the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So... this is OK because it "only" effects 15,000 Americans who have made the brave choice to serve and protect our country? And its OK, since there are other reasons why citizens cannot serve (say, like bad feet... oh wait, that was Trump's excuse for evading serving our country).

And "mental state"? Are you referring to Trump's questionable mental state? If you are referring to transgender people... just stop. Even being ignorant about transgender people can't possibly justify such a wrong prejudiced position like this?

Seriously Astrodome, just look at the ethical and moral "twister" your desire to support Trump is placing you in... I know you are a good person that has to see how wrong this move was.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think it's a coincidence that he makes this policy change the day after strong conservative groups started criticizing him for going after Sessions.

Nook likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

And Trump's dishonest and cowardly excuse about costs... if he quit playing golf it would cover these costs...

Yung-T, el gnomo and Duncan McDonuts like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Along with the morning that his health care plan gets voted against by the senate... imagine what he will do when the Russia charges ramp up?

justtxyank likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not surprising. All politic. Play to the base. Those that serve as transgenders or want to is extra piss that this type of direction come from a... really really really big and sad coward.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

[QUOTE="NewRoxFan, post: 11236757, member: 3523"

And "mental state"? If you are referring to transgender people... just stop. Even being ignorant about transgender people can't possibly justify such a wrong prejudiced position like this?

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I don't know much about their mental state. I will let the people who are charged with making those decisions make those decisions. If 3 genders are the way we are heading I will let that happen as well. My ignorance on these people doesn't mean much in the grand scheme.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just another misdirection from Trump, he is the master at these little clever tricks.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Damn this guy is such an f'n loser. Hilary was wrong in calling Trump supporters deplorables, but if you still support this ass wipe you are definitely a deplorable.

Yung-T, el gnomo and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Easy way to rally the 25% that still licks his boots.

That's enough to get past primaries folks.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

yes, and the part of the reason is because he only care for himself. He doesn't care a single bit if he harm people, make bad decision for the country, ... the stuff that decent people would. These decisions aren't hard for him. It's really really really easy.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nothing else to be said. He's a much worse leader of this country than I could have even imagined. The worst of us.

Yung-T and el gnomo like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Even staunch conservatives recognize that Trump forces them to be pretzels by his ignorant, hateful statements...

Yung-T and No Worries like this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I read that, too. Anyone have financial data that supports Trump's claims?

Regardless, I'm sure the extra spending on 15k transgender soldiers pales in comparison to the defense budget.

14. NewRoxFan

Orin Hatch. Yes, that Orin Hatch...

15. NewRoxFan

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Any bets that next week Trump will do a 180 and pretend this tweet never existed?

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

NewRoxFan....Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[​IMG]

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If cost is a concern, the solution isn't hard. Have them pay for it themselves. But I think in the scheme of things, it's barely a blip. And also don't forget about the costs of losing out on recruit, current and future.

http://www.politico.eu/article/the-militarys-real-problem-fewer-americans-are-joining/

The number of Americans eligible to serve in the military is dramatically shrinking, leaving the Army at its smallest size in over 75 years and forcing units to rely on unstable and unprepared servicemen. That puts both our military troops and the country at risk.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Didn't Trump say he wouldn't take any rights away from Transgender people?