1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson to Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 4, 2017.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

are we seriously waiting for that loser melo and missing out on key rotational players again? The years we've had the most success are when we had a solid supporting cast and vets.

Easy, fba34 and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The direction is clear and Morey likely has made up his mind......

at least if he fails we move nearer to the Rebuilding phase.

This has been dragging on too long.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I am so tired of melo ****ing us over. The guy is a loser plain and simple and a mental midget of the highest order. He could have signed to be on a winning team but chose NY all through some simple mind tricks Phil played on him a couple years back. If he was about the winning back then he would have signed with a contender. Screw him and lets go get us some solid vets.

fba34 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hear ya, man. I hear ya.

One of the worst stars and I am not sure I can call him an Allstar or Star now. He hasn't been himself for a while. He is selfish.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Again? Every year, guys? Every year you guys doubt Morey. It's like clockwork.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We know we have a good chance of getting Melo and probably with Chris Paul even a slight chance at Lebron.....

Thing is there is a risk here and good probability is we won't have stability for a while because of 1 year with this star, another year with another star....

You need stability to form a team.....we haven't had this time.....

Morey runs himself into this game of constant rotation changing....it won't end that well.....

If he gets a crack at a championship, good for him, but it doesn't change the dynamic.....

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are probably favored against the Spurs because their core is old, Leonard is asked to do too much, LMA is a non factor.......

I think they will still put up a fight.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You remember that time the Rockets went all the way to the conference finals and then came back with almost the exact team the following year and barely went .500? Good times.

I don't know what you want him to do. The only way to build that kind of chemistry is to tank then build through the draft (clutchfans is not having that). Or continue to lose and hope they learn and go at it with the same team again (clutchfans definetly not having that).

What kind of stability are we talking about here?

Rockets currently have 6 rotational players back from last year not including Nanu and Isiah.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Waiting on Melo the first time most likely cost us signing Lowry. Him and Bosh are like ex-gfs "who got away" to Moley.

Getting them might've landed us from good to potentially great, but they flake out as usual and we're stuck with just good heading into the preseason.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

0.5 doesn't mean we had a bad season, it was dysfunctional but not bad enough to get top pick.

I give him credit for what he did... but that is the nature how he deals....and if you do not understand that building a team needs time, then I cannot help you.

Failing one season is fine.... failing through life builds up character.... If you are afraid of failing, then it's the wrong place to be.

The NBA actually rewards failing with Top picks lol.

Getting CP3 will make us better, solidify that 3rd or even 2nd spot in the West but that is all there is to it.

GSW is a great team who will have the luxury to keep their team together for a long time.

I will always be the guy on the fence. I won't defend Morey and I won't excessively hate on him either.

#90 daywalker02, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All I'm reading is you are fine with waiting and building through the draft.

I don't believe you.

I don't believe that you, and a lot of other fans here, would "trust the process" of losing year after year until finally it clicks like the warriors. You guys are not ready for that.. I mean, Morey just got a couple pretty good players (one of which is a going to be a HOFer) and some of us raging in here because we missed out on PPat.

What do you think is going to happen after 2, 3, or 4 years of losing to build a team that is another 2 years away from getting a championship?

Morey would be gone and the Rockets would probably lose a generation of fans.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You won't have to believe me, fine but if Harden doesn't work out...... Morey can rebuild with another Kevin Martin....which he can flip for another Harden who might be worse than this Harden.

But now, we are just some team trying to emulate the great teams, also-rans, the runner ups.

I am dealing fine with it. But I recognize greatness when I see it.

#92 daywalker02, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm fine with the attempt. The only thing Morey did wrong was he didn't manage Egos. Lowry didn't feel special..

14. Asian Sensation

How can you even mention Anderson after his trash performance against the Thunder? Dude played nearly 29 mpg, averaged 7.4 ppg, shot 33% from the field and 12% from from 3. I'm sure they're losing sleep over how to slow down Anderson as we speak.

Disagree. There's a reason why PG was our most coveted target. Especially for what we're trying to accomplish and fit wise... George would've been perfect. Also, factor in the fact that George is 5 years younger than CP and it's really not close for me at least.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree.

I am thinking CP is the real PG and more substantial to running a team's Offense than George.

Right now George is the better scorer.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I also think Morey is a Nerd Superstar but a generation of fans? Wow, that is just exaggeration.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Westrook was inefficient, but when he left the floor the rockets would go on these runs. By the time of the 4th Westbrook would be bricking. With pg I think the thunder will be quite dangerous because he is a second playmaker. I think the rockets are better, but watch the game.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, numbers are not bad for last season (better than i thought tbh), but what i'm saying is that no one of these guys is a shooter, overall i don't think they can really rely on that aspect as a team, they will chuck and brick a lot, i wouldn't be shocked if next season most of them will drop their %.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Shoot, what happens if it took 10 years because you had bad luck in the lottery?

You say wait a few years until it clicks like the Warriors, but that's not the normal outcome haha. It could just as easily go the way of the Bucks. Or the Jazz. Spend years rebuilding, finally get good and then your best player leaves because he's tired of waiting.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's a dumb argument. The idea that stability leads to championships is ridiculous. Plenty of teams in the league have had stability the last 5-7 years and haven't won anything. He then says we could have had Lowry instead of Melo. So it isn't that he is against chasing a new toy, it's that he's going to get mad when it doesn't work.

DreamShook likes this.