1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

thank you.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If the Rockets pay him which he deserves, we will not be able to become a super team. Rockets need to be a super team to compete, or a team that can beat the Warriors. Now as it stands, we are not close to the Warriors. We got to be super. Super>Bev

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Chris Paul is a lot better at defence than Bev. Beverley shows tenacity and fight and people mistake that for good defence. Westbrook defends himself most of the time because he makes stupid plays and stuffs up.

Beverley is just a back up that gets to start.

the amount of times Beverley can't stay in front of another point guard is amazing, he gets left behind and has to hope the man misses his shot or turns it over.

Please don't over rate him, some Rockets fans have a problem doing that(D Mo)

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

I'd hate to lose the guy but he deserves to get paid. He'll go down as one of my favorite Rocket players.

5. BackdoorHarden

Bevs to Cavs for first round pick. They need a Curry stopper

6. HTM

HTM Member

When is the next time they have a first round pick? 2020...

amaru likes this.
  7. HTM

HTM Member

Someone fill me in... why are we shopping our point guard who fits perfectly next to our ball dominant shooting guard superstar who also happens to be on a steal of a deal?

Doesn't make a ton of sense to me...

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Chris Paul

9. basketballholic

Because after another disappointing post season that ended with our only ball handler being forced into 9 turnovers the team finally figured out they need more then one ball handler on the floor at a time. Comprehende?

10. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

no team is close to the warriors.. thanks to durant and dirty players like green and zaza.

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

First. I dont like his lack of professionalism.... second he isnt a superstar, all star, or even border line All-star to even be considered for a contract renegotiation.

This isnt the NFL, this is the NBA where all the contracts are 100% unless otherwise contracted. Him and his agent did their due diligence. They signed on the dotted line knowing full well that he might progress in his career. Now he needs to shut up, suit up, and play basketball.

He is so stupid for coming on twitter and opening his mouth about playing for other teams. Why not just keep playing and earn your next contract. NO TEAM IS GOING TO RENEGOTIATE AND UP HIS PAY........

JayZ750 and theDude like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sure, the league MVP and scoring champ took a massive drop in efficiency against a garbage defensive team in Houston because Westbrook makes stupid plays when it comes to scoring and because Ryan Anderson and Clint Capela were at the rim after he regularly blew by Beverley.

This is the most absurd thing I've read in a while here.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Anyone interested on discussing the trade market for guards? Doesn't seem that good. Too much suppy and minimal demand.

CP3, Lowry, Hill ,Mills, Holiday, Rose, Teague, Rondo are UFAs. Maybe I'm forgetting someone. Bledsoe and Rubio look about to be moved.
    Philly doesn't look like it will need a pg. Sac should use one of the picks to draft one.
    So we have Clippers, NOP, Pacers (if they don't draft one with what they get back in trade) , Knicks , Jazz, Bulls , Nuggets and Raptors.

I find hard to see Bev traded before the better pgs than him on the market choose their new destination.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL

15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure why everyone is so up in arms. And the Sporting News report seemed to imply that it was Beverly who requested a trade. That is not completely unfathomable since from the time he signed his contract, the cap has expanded and he has become the third best PG on this team. He knows he needs to go somewhere that will allow him to accumulate stats for his next contract. True Beverley fans should be happy to see him dealt. While you want guys like that on your team, you can't be mad at the team for trying to accommodate him and improving the team. He is nowhere close to untouchable.

amaru and Shark44 like this.
  16. Garner

Garner Member

This post would have been relevant about 3 years ago.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

where the **** is that ryan anderson trade talk we been waitin for since the 2nd of july 2016? could've sworn i'd see it by now. i must be losing my daam mind

Gorki, pippendagimp and J.R. like this.
  18. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Kinda surprised how anxious Bev seems to be about the possibility of being traded. I was disappointed to hear his name come up in trade rumors because he is one of my favorite players but If he truly wants to go...I'll holla.

19. basketballholic

If Pat Beverley could land us Semi Ojelay or Jordan Bell in this draft tomorrow night, I'd trade him for one of those two guys even if the Paul George deal was off the table.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member