1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Tomball boy

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

bev will be the first domino.

lots of reasons why he should be traded. its the perfect sell-high moment. he's not the greatest fit for mda, we could use the extra cap space, we could use the first as trade bait (everyone wants a first, not everyone wants bev).

Most likely (IMO) is his hometown of chicago for #16. seems high for bev but they need a pg more stable than rondo and if we throw in a sweetener like harrell (who we probably don't want to pay next summer) the trade makes sense for both sides.

as a fall back i think pacers for #18 or utah for #24 would work as well. after this trade, i expect them to move ariza in another cap clearing move.

pippendagimp likes this.
  3. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

You're making that trade sound better than it is. Former number one pick, Bogut who was injured half the time with the Bucks. Stephen Jackson who helped the "We Believe" Warriors upset the Mavs, only to get extended and then traded for Raja Bell and Acie Law.

Monta was and is a volume scorer and can get hot from time to time. His defense is terrible

PB is an excellent one on one defender, great team defender, hit the 3 at a 38%.

If you don't think PB's impact on the game is greater than Monta, well just have to disagree. His "grit" is what maximizes his ability. And gets the crowd up and going. Which is hard to do in Toyota Center.

Well see what DM gets for PB.

4. Homey the Clown

There goes the defense

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

1. 1-on-1 defense hardly matters for pgs because of how many screens are used today.

2. Beverley's high motor and conditioning maximizes how he defends, not your imaginary grit.

3. Chris Paul is equal if not better defensively and is a much better offensive player.

And despite your horrible attempts at muddying the analogy, it doesn't negate that Ellis was a fan favorite that was moved for more talent; just like it would be if Bev got moved so we can get PG and CP.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am trembling in fear that Morey will sell our collective soul to the devil just for a remote chance that we might be able to win maybe two games against the Warriors in a 7-game series.

7. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

One on One does matter when you have Russ and Kyrie on isos.

High Motor vs Imaginary Grit? Sure...Cool Story.

CP3 better? no sh*t.

Ellis was fan favorite on a bad team, who didn't fit with Stephen Curry.
    Bev is a fan favorite on a good team, who fits perfectly with Harden, who is integral part of this team.

It's a terrible comparison. But keep posting Trash, we'll skim and skip through it.

8. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

This is true, but those guys are so elite at ISO that Bev won't stop them. The only players who really play ISO these days are the ones that are elite at it, and if they aren't elite at it, then an average defender will get the job done.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Beverley gets blown by easily by most point guards

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Man if we let him go, it better be worth it. Bev was a great Rocket and watching his growth as a player every year has been awesome. His value will probably never be higher than it is right now, so I can understand it. He is the most expendable Rocket with trade value. However, if we trade Bev and Ryno doesn't get traded, I won't be very happy.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

at the end of a game and i need a stop i would much rather have bev on either one of them and we've seen bev play lockdown defense on guys like wb already when it came down to the end. that's what you need on your team especially in the playoffs. we just saw an example of that in our very own series vs SA

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Lmao the only one that will be getting scrolled through is you.

You have 40 likes on here and I have 4000. :rolleyes:

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is a joke right?

Everyone gets blown by, few people less than Bev. Defense is not about when you get blown by. Defense is when you hold the alleged league MVP to an atrocious efficiency and have him throw a b*tch fit after he's eliminated from the playoffs.

There are no better PG defenders than Bev in this league. Paul is as good, but twice the passer and twice the scorer. There are precious few others who can make as big an impact defending PG's as these two.

13BeardsIN1 likes this.
  14. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Look, I agree with you for the most part. If the guys on our team played with the same ferocity as Bev, we would've won that series. As far as 1v1 defense goes, Bev is good but only against guys that are his size. You want your best defensive player to be at least 6'6" anyway. If we trade Bev for PG, then PG is all of the sudden the best defensive player on the team and I'll take him over Bev for sure, even if it's a rental. Bev is our best trade piece, simply because we could trade him away and safely get good return.

15. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

LMAO I hope message board stats keep your life going. God bless who ever keeps you company when your off the board

oogie boogie likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

if bev is the key to getting a Paul George of course you do that. same goes for a cp3. bev isn't untouchable. you get a star out of him, you gotta do it. bev has maximized his role here in the rotation. he would of gotten a nice payday elsewhere if it wasn't for the solid value contract he got from DM a couple years ago.

17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets are looking to get a pick back and no other salary for Beverley, what teams would be able to do that? Would Chicago be an option?

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Yeah I don't wanna come off as unappreciative of Bev. One of my favorite players on the team, for sure. But as you said, he isn't untouchable.

19. hakeemthagreat

We all know Bev's a great defender, rebounder & hustle player. But i think thats 10× more valuable playing next to Harden. Bev allows Harden to only focus on his strength SCORING. Without Bev Harden may have to spot minutes guarding WB, Curry, Lillard etc..This will be a DISASTER for us. Harden needs Bev more than Bev needs Harden

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Really? You think the 16th pick is too high for Bev?? I don't know man. If you have the mid 1st rounder more so than not you're gonna draft a guy worse than Bev rather than a Kawhi.
    I agree that we trade Bev if its netting us a star. However, I would not trade him for a pick in hopes of netting us a star. We're undervaluing everyone on our team here! haha. How is it possible on this forum that Harden isn't that great, Ryan Anderson is terrible, Bev isn't big for us, and yet we had the third best record in the league!

DonKnock likes this.