1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting at congressional baseball game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Only tangentially related, but this incident makes me reflect on how we seem to be on a definite uptick on people using violence to seek domestic political ends, probably moreso now than at anytime since the '60s where we saw assassinations of JFK, RFK, MLK, Malcolm X, Che Guevara plus things like Kent State, etc. (Deckard and other old fogies can correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps coincidentally, the 60s was also when we had our last big political seismic shift. Maybe we're in another.

2. TheresTheDagger

Yesterday, I posted this. Since then, 10 pages of anger and finger pointing.

Beyond disappointing.

Dark Rhino, London'sBurning and JeffB like this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Pretending to sign bills doesn't really count as legislation...
    [​IMG]

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Where's the proof? That's right you have no proof. I have actual Facebook posts from him. You have nothing.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps you are expecting too much from some. The evidence against their narrative shatters their world view, you can't expect them to to anything but ignore it.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here, he claims to be a registered Libertarian sympathetic with Nazis and Communists. o_O
    Damn nazi communist libertarian terrorists! lol. Crazy gonna crazy.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They should redraft the teams before the game tonight and switch red to blue every pick. Make the two parties play together and unify.

Invisible Fan and Ottomaton like this.
  8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So we completely agree this government has not enacted legislation that has brought poor people to a "breaking point" causing them to #resist.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The guy was all over the place, but he was absolutely a Bernie bro, trying to deny that makes you look like a fool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

How is that proof that he supported Trump? Christ you people are truly losing touch with reality. Saying "if Trump is ___ I'll vote for him" is like me saying if Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton align with my politics I'll vote for one of them.

He was a Bernie Sanders supporter. Actual proof of him saying it on Facebook.

[​IMG]

and I have actual proof that he HATED Trump

[​IMG]

Now ask yourself, what kind of Trump supporter would want to kill other Trump supporters for voting for Trump?

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's very simple RL. His fiscal views align with Bernie and his supporters his social views align with Trump and his supporters.

His act of murder stemmed from his social views. How is that such a difficult concept for people here to understand?

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I stated a few posts before, being batshit crazy, he went one day from literally threatening to kill Trump, to several days later supporting Trump and not kind of supporting Trump. Really supporting Trump. I can't call up a timeline of his Facebook, so you'll have to use your imagination a little bit as to how that might happen, which I realize is asking a bit much of you. People can express different views at different times. Crazy people even sometimes express different views at the same time in the same sentence. If you want to see how that works, read some of his theological rants. Or the statement above where he claims to be a Libertarian sympathetic with Communists and Nazis.

#312 Ottomaton, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You're brainwashed if you think Trump and his supporters social views are similar this whacko's. Contrary to popular belief, Trump isn't a white supremacist and neither are the vast majority of his supporters. His social views were extremely radical.

That would be like calling all libs Antifa and BLM. It's false. There are many Trump supporters who are the nicest and least racist people on this planet. The vast majority of Trump's supporters condemned this crazy cuck's actions just like you and me.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The left took a wild guess that Trump would try to ban Muslims, round up foreigners, incite religious and racial hatred, take away health care for millions, erode environmental protections in the name of jerbs, and give tax cuts to the rich. How'd they do?

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

bull. He's social views are nothing like views of Trump or his supporters. White supremacists and Nazis dislike Trump.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm surprised the shooter hasn't been called a Trump supporter yet although a lot of people are blaming Trump for the shooting.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What the hell is the Monotheist Question?

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

If he banned Muslims, why didn't he ban people from Indonesia? pwn3d
    Rounding up foreigners? You mean illegal immigrants who came here illegally? pwn3d
    Inciting racial hatred? That actually seems to have died down - Black Lives Matter hasn't rioted since Obama left office. pwn3d
    Most people would prefer to have a job than to sacrifice to make a questionable impact to the environment. pnw3d
    I haven't seen the tax cuts to the rich yet - we definitely need tax reform overall, however.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Boring. Up your game, son.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Steve King Partly Blames Obama For Divisive Politics That Led To Shooting

“I do want to put some of this at the feet of Barack Obama,” King said on Iowa radio station WHO, as flagged by CNN’s KFILE. “He contributed mightily to dividing us. He focused on our differences rather than our things that unify us. And this is some of the fruits of that labor.”

SAYS THE BIRTHER CONSPIRACY THEORIST