1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terror attack on London Bridge June 3 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 3, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

This is how dumb Trump is. A ban is unconstitutional, so the WH keeps trying to say it's not a ban. And yesterday, in response to the terror attack, he renews the call for a travel ban. So, now he has zero shot of getting this executive order through. And you want to argue for this dolt? Unbelievable.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a horrible tragedy.

But for those who seek to blame Muslims for this I find it interesting that no one looks at the cause and effect cycle here.

Nearly every attack has been associated with Sunni extremists associated with ISIS. Let's not forget that the birth of ISIS was enabled by the foolish Iraq war. Why people seem to mention Islam more often than ISIS is telling...ISIS isn't the enemy, Islam is to these people. The War is not with ISIS, it's Islam itself.

Disgusting.

3. dmoneybangbang

Meddling in their affairs for far too long has created too many generations of people with not much future and outlook that have been increasing radicalized.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Banning Muslims from the brown-land, crack down on illegals from Mexico (but not Ireland), and throw the blacks in jail.

oh, it's about race my ignorant friend.

5. dmoneybangbang

It's been bubbling for longer than 40 years. What ATW and others don't understand are the ebbs and flows of history. Those who generalize Islam as ALWAYS being violent are just ignorant about history and view the world as black and white.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The people labeling Islam = Nazism are extremists themselves.

7. dmoneybangbang

Nah, they are just scared and afraid of which they don't understand.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A travel ban is not unconstitutional, the argument that the courts used to block it was that despite the actual travel ban being well within the president's power, they believe it to be a "Muslim ban" instead of what it actually is based on statements during the election. The odds are pretty decent that the SCOTUS will decide to hear the case and also decent that they'll lift the stay till closer to when they'll hear the case.....which would allow the travel ban to be in place for the entire time it was supposed to be in effect for.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The founder of the religion was a violent, pedophile warlord.

Let's face it, all current religions are just based on some people running behind some charismatic guy sometime in history. It's all man-made tales.

And the Islam tale has been a violent one from the start.

11. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

You state an obvious fact, however, it's otherwise "normal" Muslims that become radicalized.
    Correct?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Like I said, they don't mention that all of thee attacks are by ISIS inspired sunnis. They want to generalize this to Islam because it seems this is more about establishing superiority.

They need to feel superior as that is the justification for war and discrimination.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Not just normal Muslims but even Christians get radicalized. They aren't going after pious people, they pray on the weak minded.

This is why its critical to attack ISIS's ability to spread its propaganda and recruit people and not just isolate the Muslim community who is law enforcement's best partner in stopping these attacks. Much of the intel they get comes from Muslims who are against terrorism and extremism.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can we just ban religion - and be done with it?

DD

15. dmoneybangbang

And? Does that mean here in the 20th and 21st century that all Muslims are violent, pedophiles?

It has been violent on and off, like all religions, yes.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

When have I argued for him? Again, just because I am not screaming RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA doesn't make me a Trump supporter.

I support a much greater scrutiny towards those coming from unstable regions. I think we need to be very careful about bringing in refugees. I dont think an outright ban is practical or useful, but I surely don't support blindly bringing in refugees, even if Clinton says they have been vetted for years.

Truth be told, I am less concerned about violent extremist coming in as refugees as much as I am concerned about their impressionable children getting poisoned by the religious ideology. Refugees actually appreciate what they are coming from and experienced the horrors. Growing up out of the environment but still having ties can leave young minds vulnerable to the extremism.

18. dandorotik

The point is that the White House has argued it's not a religious "ban," and now Trump is using that word. His lawyers are cringing right about now.

19. dandorotik

I am very sorry- I actually meant to type "And some of you want to argue for..."- seriously, that was honestly a gaffe on my part. That comment was mainly to point out how Trump is his own worst enemy.

20. dandorotik

They tried to brainwash religion into me. I accepted some of it, but I got sent to the principal's office in 5th grade b/c I argued with Sister Carolyn that God said "Thou shalt not kill," yet he praised Joshua for killing people. "Wouldn't God be wrong, then?" got me a whack and a visit to the principal's office. Truth.