1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Night Of

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 2, 2016.

1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

This show just keeps getting better. For some reason I thought there were only going to be 7 episodes. I'm very glad to find out there are still 2 more!!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone else catch that late night infomercial (or whatever it was) that discussed luminol and how it is used to detect trace amounts of blood, even after attempts to clean-up a scene with bleach. I kept expect Stone to react to it.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think the most obvious prediction at this point is that the step-father hired the guy that Stone chased in the previous episode.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the whole point of the show is to show how crappy the criminal justice system is kind of like the wire. No one is really looking for the truth. The Prosecutor is making up a story and getting her ME and Psyc to go along with the story. The cops come of looking bad and it seems like they are all black. The people in prison look bad. Nazir looks bad. Maybe petey and chandra are sympathetic characters.

5. heypartner

Well, he isn't being raped by Omar...there's that. We were led to believe by his first "bunk-mate" that you don't get involved with him.

I agree with the Wire vibe. Price did write Clockers, after all (the "blueprint" for The Wire), and he wrote 5 episodes of Wire... albeit this is supposed to be a remake of a BBC show.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think its the CPA. He was probably been embezzling from the girls mother. He was basically trying to throw all the blame on the step father.

7. heypartner

The clean cut CPA committed that vicious murder? Or hired someone like fchowd0311 suggested the step-father did. This isn't an Agatha Christie murder scene.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seems like it would be. I was annoyed we didn't get any sort of follow up on Stone's chase with him, but I imagine that will happen soon.

9. thabeet

thabeet Member

why is he getting "sin" tatted on his knuckles. i get playing the tough guy part in prison but that could look back in court.

10. heypartner

fwiw: he can easily edit "SIN" later to be "NAS" read from his POV.

11. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His other hand later showed the word "Bad". "Sin" "Bad".

12. heypartner

Ah! didn't catch that. That's one of the nicknames Omar had him choose from 1 or 2 episodes ago, due to haircut.

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

How is that the most obvious prediction? I don't see a connection. Maybe I missed something in the last episode...Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Trevor.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This would be a terrible twist

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Obvious motive.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think they get off on some technicality but more questionable activity from Naz makes the audience believe he did it.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If that happens, the writers should be banned from the entertainment industry.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I keep asking myself why is dude getting more and more ink???
    Why he cut his hair . . . was that part of the deal with Freddie?

Rocket River

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think the show could do a better job showing the passage of time but I assume he's been in there for a decent amount of time by now since they are into the trial.

Also, they've painted him as feeling the world is against him which goes hand in hand with that story about him pushing a kid down the stairs afters bullying him.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is true.
    BTW His lawyer is fine!
    [​IMG]

Rocket River
    If she