1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL.. Oh my god...

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/justin-lol-laughing-michael-jordon-26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ">via GIPHY</a></p>

2. GladVlad

GladVlad Member

If you were playing for the Rockets or Lakers, you would cream in your pants the first time a coach was dumb enough to let you on the court. Then you would **** yourself as the opponents deep bench players made you look like a geriatric 80 year old.

3. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I will admit...this would probably be me, too.

4. GladVlad

GladVlad Member

I think your one of the better posters on ClutchFans. So I have to ask. WTF are you doing on this troll thread?:grin:

Lin may be playing a similar role with similar stats, but the difference is expectations. With Charlotte, he is on a extremely cheap contract on a team that has done better than anyone thought they would. He also played really well in big game wins against Raptors, Kings, Cavs, Spurs and now the Heat. So he is leaving a positive impression. With the Rockets in his first season, he had a solid season (Morey said in an interview that Lin had the third highest win/share on that unexpected playoff team(ahead of Parsons), using his formula). But, he never exceeded the expectations, so most people remember him having a bad season.

I don't think that Houston or Charlotte is using Lin "correctly", but you can say that about most players.

I think the biggest change with Lin is that he has gotten better defensively. Part of that is the coaching staff, they have a consistent defensive scheme where everyone knows what they are suppose to do and everyone is accountable.

5. yoeddy

I think people just like his hair better this season.

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wow, you really think so?

homerism at its best.

7. yoeddy

Yes, because FTW is always right. He is a basketball genius.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

thats the definition of an inconsistent player aka a ROLE player.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You are so deep in denial that it's absurd. Every team distributes playing time and starting positions according to what needs are required to win games. Lin was demoted, playing time cut. Your whole "oh he's better" is pointless. He was not better for what those teams needed. So no, on those teams he was not better and that's how playing time and starting positions were decided. Spin it around and around to make yourself feel better but arguing something in a vacuum misrepresents reality. Lin's performance isn't such that he can just getting playing time on any team. He's a fit player, a role player and he needs that fit to get playing time.

10. yoeddy

I agree with this: "He was not better for what those teams needed". Yes, this is my point. What those teams needed was a 3-and-D PG to start alongside Harden and a playmaker/scorer off the bench. The best fit for the team was the reason. This is the entire point I am making vs. the stuff that FTW and other haters try to make about Bev being a better PG overall than Lin. The haters try to paint the "demotion" as "proof" that Lin sucks as a PG when it had nothing to do with that.

You should take your point and make it to FTW, because he's the one who is trying to paint "the demotion" as a black/white indicator of Lin as a PG.

11. yoeddy

And for the record, I was never upset when Lin and Bev were swapped...I was fine with moving him to the bench, because I saw that it was the right basketball move for the Rockets given who they had on their roster. What bugs me is when the haters claim that Lin was somehow "outplayed" by Bev and lost his starting job for poor play. It simply wasn't true.

I don't get upset about the Ronnie Price move because Byron Scott is a moron and nothing he did made any sense.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Actually, my point is simple. You made the statement that Lin wasn't demoted in Houston. I called you out for it and presented several pieces of evidence where Lin himself acknowledged he was demoted.

You then twist the argument and go on a different tangent.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe you should watch "Linsanity" the movie. Lin bluntly says he was cut by Golden State cause he played badly, had too many turnovers.

I have a feeling they are same reasons he was not a full time starter in Houston and LA.

14. yoeddy

I still think calling it a "demotion" is disingenuous, because it implies a move made because of poor performance. But ok..if you want to call it a "demotion", that's fine with me.

I am not the one twisting the argument. The argument being debated was whether Jeremy's move to the bench was because of poor play vs. fit and team needs. You feel that it is important to call it a "demotion" in order to make it appear that Lin was playing poorly, when in fact it was more about giving him more opportunity to handle the ball.

15. yoeddy

When did I ever bring up his play in GS? I agree...he did not play well there.

16. sew

sew Member

I never viewed going from 3rd/4th option as starter to first option off the bench as a demotion.

That's just me. I know everyone else see's 'bench,' and automatically assumes demotion. Lin has far more value as a bench sparkplug than he does as a 3&D/third option as a starter. IMO.

17. yoeddy

Manu Ginobili and Jamal Crawford agree with you.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you didn't. it's just a similar reason.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

LOL. completely different situations. Those guys have been in the league for a very long time and had been starters in the early years.

but nice try.

20. sew

sew Member

He's not comparing the players.

Manu and Jamal are both far more valuable as 6th men rather then 3rd options with the starters.