1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Paul George really a franchise player?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cashmoney, Feb 29, 2016.

1. MD_in_Training

Depends who the #1 is. Curry and PG could easily win a title.

2. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Exactly what others have said, he's not a top tier offensive player in the NBA. Relies too much on his jump shot, and doesn't finish that well at the rim. Very similar to how his 2014 season ended as well, his efficiency plummeted towards the end. If he was on the Warriors, Spurs or a team with ball movement where he could be in a system, he could do very well.

I think he is just as good a shooter than Kawhi Leonard, but he takes wayy too many bad shots. Kawhi has learned how to post up and get much easier shots, plus he can rely on Pop to always help him with his efficiency. He should be a #2 scoring option, still a franchise player though given his D!

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Both Harden and PG are Robin's at best

Their teams will need a Batman to come close to winning it all

4. Mr Chuck Norris

Now we're talking.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd take it.

6. johnto

johnto Member

his defense is no longer elite though. and his offensive game is very inefficient.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

A big 3 of Harden, George, Lin.

with Durant coming off the bench as the 6th.

How exciting would the GARM be?

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Harden is a legit alpha on the offensive end. There are few at his level on offense.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah but he is one of the worst defenders in the entire league

Point being if Harden is your best player, you are going to struggle to ring, just like if PG is your #1 player

Harden is no Curry or LBJ or Durant

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Curry is worse defensively.

Lillard is worse defensively.

Dirk (when a #1) was worse defensively.

Etc...

There are plenty of baddd defenders that are brilliant offensively. It's more important to be an alpha on the offensive side then it is on the defensive side.

For all of currys struggles defensively it is hidden by great team defense and thus people focus solely on his brilliance on offense.

Dirk was horrendous also but he also was hidden by good defensive schemes.

PG why I love him isn't made to be a #1, he would be a great #2, but he can't win you ship unless you have a San Antonio type system and supporting cast.

11. omgTHEpotential

On a more constructive note... I'd take George over Harden.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Give me Paul George over Harden as well

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why in particular?

I remember telling people I would take Paul Pierce over TMac
    because Pierce had HEART and was a Winner

Rocket River

14. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Jason Terry as the featured player in a package doesn't get you Clyde Drexler. Rip Hamilton is more iffy, but I'd still take Otis Thorpe over him.

15. Ranny

Ranny Member

Man Harden+George would definitely be awesome!

How do we get it done? Maybe Brewer x George? ok just to make it more interesting we add TJones as well... :)

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can live with the Avengers, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and all Suicide Squad especially those tough guys.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Weren't his Pacers, with Roy Hibbert, a serious threat to LeBron's Heat like, 3 years ago? iirc, the Pacers were the 1 seed going into the playoffs.

I think he's absolutely a franchise player / #1 option. Not on the level of Durant / LeBron, but on the Kawhi tier.

18. Asian Sensation

Yup... Meanwhile Harden was struggling against glorified role players like Wes Matthews and calling reporters weirdos.

PG is taller, better looking, more athletic, works harder, plays both ends of the court and you'll never question his effort.

Not many players can come back as quickly and be as effective as they are from a gruesome injury like the one PG suffered. It just shows how much love and passion he has for the game. Lots of dedication and work ethic.

From a pure talent standpoint Harden is better which is the frustrating part.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You guys don't watch many pacers games of you think Paul George is better than James Harden.

That's is laughable.

You guys would be calling for his head after 5 games if we swapped harden for him which the pacers would do in a heart beat I might add.

The Indiana media question his leadership and temper all the time.

He's a second banana Forsure and trust me you can look at my past posts over the years PG is my second favorite player in the league.

He is not a number 1 and not even close to the player JH is.

Just tonight harden had 39/12/7

That's a career game for PG harden does the all the time.

It's pretty sad how under appreciated harden is around here when people think Paul George is better.

The Leonard vs Harden I can somewhat understand but PG? Cmon clutchfans were better than this.

JH can be a good defender but PG will never be a great offensive player.

He's a perfect Scottie pippin to harden think of a defensive version of parsons with more athletism and rebounding.

Outside of KD and Leonard he's my number one guy I would try to get if we could. Him and Harden are boys and used to train in the summer not sure if they still do but wouldn't be surprised ther both Cali dudes.

1 person likes this.
  20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Better than F____ __