1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Not sure what to think, was it Ward who made Herman's offense look good, or was it Herman's offense who made Ward look good. Don't actually know what it was. But after next year concludes, we'll soon find out. Ward was a one man wrecking crew and I want to see that again next year.

Also and too, incredibly interesting to think that an offense that failed at the goal line time and time again last season suddenly found it easy as pie when running Ward left and right. It was a lot like running a wild cat near the goal line. One extra blocker. We made it look easy. All last year Farrow and Jackson could not plow through from a yard out.

A little tired of the Jet Sweep though. We run that like 4x each game for little to small gains.

Everyone feels good today though. We were locked in on the defensive end. And it all starts there.

2. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">College football sources told FOX 26 Sports former <a href="https://twitter.com/AggieFootball">@AggieFootball</a> quarterback <a href="https://twitter.com/KyleAllen_10">@KyleAllen_10</a> plans to transfer to <a href="https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB">@UHCougarFB</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/684418376962150400">January 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

BOOM!!!

4. 713

713 Member

5. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

This might be reading between the lines, but Allen probably wouldn't come here if Herman didn't promise him that he'd be staying at least until 2018, right?

We need to keep Herman at all costs foshooooo

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is going to be really interesting if Allen does transfer to UH. I think sitting out a year could really help Allen in his quest to be an NFL QB. Becoming more mature and getting physically stronger will help him.

7. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

herman is going to make allen a beast. i mean look at ward's improvement this year from last under levine. im not worried about the fit because herman has proved he does a good job using qb's the right way in his system. look at cardale jones at osu when they won the title.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, I think it's a sign that Herman will likely be here in 2017, at the very least. Allen may think a year with the Whisperer is all he needs before declaring.

That's being conservative with the between-the-lines reading, of course. Allen apparently told reporters he was looking for a P5 program with good coaches where he could play after a year. Wouldn't completely surprise me if he was privately assured that UH would be in a P5 conference by then, although that's pure conjecture based on rampant rumor-mongering, of course.

Still... Herman stayed, Applewhite stayed, Orlando stayed, top recruits coming in and now a top transfer. Seems possible that they're all in on a secret that we don't know yet.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I guess that makes us even, Aggies. Lol.

10. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

11. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

12. FishBulb913

I agree, Herman most likely indicated something like that, but that isn't going to help me rest any easier next year when openings start popping up haha.

13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Soon we will all know.

I gotta believe the conference championship plus Peach Bowl win are going to deliver more players like Allen.

We need a stud thumper to carry the rock with Ward and a few more players in the secondary for 2016.

14. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

Haha for sure. I think we all need to support Charlie Strong and Texas next season.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

16. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

LOL on coogfans posters calling me an idiot because i said one of our qb recruits might decommit now.

17. FishBulb913

Lol CoogCrew? Don't worry about them.

18. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

ya...haha

i mean it will most likely happen now that we have allen. not like its a bad thing either. we are set at qb for a while.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As an Aggie, I'm wishing nothing but the best for Allen as a Cougar. He made a great decision by teaming up with Herman. He'll get him ready for the NFL.

20. the shark

the shark Member

HUGE!!!!!!
    :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: