1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden needs to play off the ball in 4th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The team needs to actually generate some stuff with Harden off-ball, though. That one possession where the Rockets ended up with a 24 second violation, Harden got the ball with like 5 second left on the clock in a stationary position after the offense failed to make anything happen.

In any case, much of this game is about defense, particularly allowing 2nd chance opportunities, which isn't really about Harden being on- or off-ball.

2. Rocketeer4Life

Harden needs to just stop being Melo

3. Mr Chuck Norris

If anything he should be like Melo, Melo is clutch

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Melo needs to just stop being Harden.

5. houtown

houtown Member

I really do not possibly believe this is a basketball issue, I think it might be a mental/character issue with the team. I think the team may be overthinking this as a basketball issue, but I might believe this revolves around the mental facet of the game rather than the game plan involved in the game.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

*Pulls out larsv8' random advanced TO% sheet and tries to prove that Harden is as good at handling the ball as Paul, Rondo, Curry, Parker and Westbrook. Rants about Harden clearly not being the problem.*

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden trying to be glorified Manu god version would be better than this.

Obi Wan Hardibili

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden is straight up ****, he will never be a team player.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trade The Beard!!!!!!

People who think as highly of him as he does could give us 2 good leaders for one slow the game down shot hogging turnover superstar.

I'm so sick of him slowing the game down to the last seconds so he can make the play......then dumping it off to someone else at the last second or turning it over. Harden loves stirring the pot, and being the high scorer, but spoils it all when it is the critical necessity in crunch time to play smarter.

10. hakeemthagreat

The Rockets need to draw up more damn plays in the 4th qtr. We are still running the same Harden iso play from last year smh (like teams haven't studied & prepared for it). JB can't be that stupid to not realize the better he disguise his offense the better shots we get. Somebody hasn't told the Rockets this

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wasn't exactly fine. Did he not set a record for most TO in his last and most important game of last season? It wasn't the pretty kind either. Most of it were unforced.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's pretty interesting if so.

Although I don't think it helps if Harden plays off the ball and just stands there. He did that a couple times last game and it was like playing with four men.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Even by that stat, Harden is posting a career worst and its getting worse

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He will not. His ego has got too big to allow for that.

he is a me first player who thinks if he plays off the ball he can't put up the stats he has been putting.

Had we just played normally instead of trying to force feed Harden on that shot clock violation possession, we would have won this game. Every team now know down the stretch it is give Harden the ball and every other player will just stand around.

Lawson was having one of his best games as a Rocket. Penetrating, dishing and even stopping on a dime for his bread n butter mid range J

It will take a more respectable coach to get Harden to play more off the ball. A 35 yr old rook will not be able to enforce that. It will also take Morey to show some cojones to hi s star player and have a talk with him as to what is best for this team instead of going to bat for him every single time.

Harden has Morey and this franchise hanging on to his balls. He can do whatever the F he wants until the GM and coach grow some balls and put him in place.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

******* when Brewer went for that steal instead of manning up on D late late late in the 4th which lead to an easy basket I almost lost it. Pretty sure it was a tie game, why on earth would you gamble like that??? Pure idiocy.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There were a few sets last night where we tried to move the ball late but the players always look for Harden. They semi-penetrate, in a slow half-assed "attack", give up, and start looking around for Harden. I cant blame them, we don't have anyone that can finish at the basket. Ariza isn't going to make a ****ing layup in traffic. Lawson isn't going to get a foul call late in a game.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

Last night, we were up 115-112. We went on a mini-run to get that lead and felt like we had regained the momentum.

The Hawks came down the court, we had some defensive switches, Ty Lawson played some not-so-great defense (not terrible, but not great) and Bazemore hit a 3. Tying it at 115.

The next possession, our entire team slowly walked up the court. It was more of a meander than a walk. Like a leisurely stroll. Like they were on vacation. By the time they got into their halfcourt "offense" there was probably only around 12 seconds in the shot clock. Ariza, Capela and Howard all stood there. Ty Lawson dribbled randomly without really moving, just looking at Harden. Harden stood there, hugging his defender for a second, before pushing off of him and taking 3 or 4 steps the other way. Lawson passed the ball to Harden, who then stood motionless until there was about 2 seconds on the shot clock. He then fell over and lost the ball. 24 second violation.

This was at the end of the 4th quarter of a tied game! It was easily the most uninspiring, uninteresting, lethargic offensive play I have ever seen. I almost threw my tv out the window.

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Seems like when harden is playing downhill, it's the harden we know...

When he started to cook, his head was so low I was like, what is he doing? Then he made his move and could not move his body weight from that position quickly enough and tripped over his own handles. I love that he takes it upon himself. I love that he has everything it takes to make those shots too. I just expect buckets when you shut the whole team down. Tripping over himself, I mean, if that's not this season in a nutshell.....what is?

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The way Harden moves off the ball, it will only make matters worse. How many times have we seen a teammate try to pass the ball to Harden and wasting 10 to 15 seconds off the shot clock because the dude doesn't know how to use screens properly. Instead he gets in a wrestling match trying to draw the foul by interlocking arms with the defender.

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

this has cost us the last 2 games. he will shot here n there but most of the times , its a turnover waiting to happen. Ty needs to be in the game and have the ball coming up the court when the other team is going on a run.