1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long will you continue to support this pathetic Texans franchise?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by CometsWin, Oct 4, 2015.

?

How long will you continue to support the Texans?

1. Forevaaaah

81 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. We just need a QB

62 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. I'm about done

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. **** this team

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I would call that a "fair weather" fan. That's what I classify myself as.

Bandwagon fan implies that one might possibly be a fan of another team besides the Texans. I will never be a fan of another NFL team outside of the Texans, so I am not a bandwagon fan.

But I don't really care or watch when they suck, so I'd call myself a fair weather fan of the team, only invested when things are going well. Same for the 'stros.

Rockets I support even in bad times, so die hard Rockets fan here.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Including CiCi's Pizza

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well, I take issue with the "pathetic" label. The Texans may be considered below average but they have a long ways to go before you can lump them in the "pathetic" category. Teams like Cleveland, Oakland, Miami & Jacksonville are pathetic as are the Bills who were total dumbasses for hiring Ryan after he flamed out with the Jets. All of this bleating from the folks who are upset at the Texans because they were the ones who guzzled the Battle Red koolaid without taking a critical look at the current state of the team is getting old. Had they bothered to do so, they would have seen that this is a team in transition - from Kubiak to BoB - and as such does not currently have the right mix of players it needs to execute his vision. He really needs another year - maybe two before he can get the right mix of players on the roster. They simply have to get better players on both sides of the ball. Until then, it is foolhardy to expect them to contend for the division and the playoffs simply because they have JJ Watt who is a really cool guy that's on a lot of TV commercials. All you are doing is setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment. Their one saving grace is that they are in the AFC South (and not the AFC East) which is itself a very weak division without a dominant team that they'd have to overcome so time is on their side.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Kick rocks player less weight on the wagon dueces.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The Browns is a bad team, their QB situation ain't any better than the Texans.

But at least they played some hard fight losses like they just lost by a FG to the chargers yesterday in a very tight game, at least their fans can see their teams keep fighting.

And your beloved Texans, were waiving the white flags and switching QB twice already in the first 4 games and basically is an embarrassment in 3 of the 4 games played.

That's why people call it pathetic.

There is another team in the first 4 games playing at a similar level of the Texans, and they just got their coach fired today.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Remind me, are you a Titans fan or a Cowboys fan? Or are you just a front running fan that bounces from team to team whenever they happen to be good?

7. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I'll still watch. But there is no way in hell I would purchase tickets to watch this piece of crap team on the field.

The Rockets on the other hand, I would spend a decent amount to watch these guys ball...They are worth the entertainment.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL,

thank you for making yourself as an example how to be a pathetic fan for a pathetic team.

You are quite a perfect example.

You are the kind of pathetic fans whose always ignoring the facts and no matter how hard you are pretending to, you actually don't give a fork about the team, your focus of being a fan is just to prove your are right and others are wrong.

Nicely done.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

The funny thing is the GARM was worse than this when the Rockets were down 3-1 to the Clippers. Houston fans just love to complain.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And yet you never actually answered his question...

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

All fans do... there's a reason why sports-radio and BBS activity goes way up with losses vs. wins.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T575Pbo4eWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

This franchise will never be a winner with current ownership unfortunately. It's crazy how one can be so successful in the business world and absolutely clueless on how to build a successful football team

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm the opposite. Yesterday was one of the few days I get on here after a loss. I also don't listen to sports radio till Tuesday or Wednesday.

15. BleedsRocketRed

I just don't have a connection with the Texans that I have with the Astros, Rockets and Oilers

I was 21 years old the first season of the Texans and when I moved away from Houston in 2004, I just never developed that deep connection to the team. I'll follow and support them simply because they are from Houston, but outside of that I just don't have that deep desire to really care about them. When they win I am happy for the city and the people in Houston because I LOVE the city. The Texans however, they haven't provided a great product and given me anything to hook me in for life. I guess that just comes with the distance away from home and the age at which I was during their existence. If they win, I'll cheer them on. They lose i'll just shake my head and move on with my life.

The Astros and Rockets (and former Oilers) however, I will support thick and thin until the day I die. I will forever have them both engraved in my heart and will support them 110% regardless of season outcome. I grew up with them, I cried with them and cheered with them. I looked up to them. I had posters on my wall, baseball/basketball/football cards...etc. I developed a LOVE for them at a very young age. My entire life.

The Texans? I just cant make that kind of connection and I don't think I ever will. I feel as if I am in that "transition" generation of Texans fans. Maybe you younger guys are different.

So if the Texans win something significant, I will support and cheer for the city of Houston. Not specifically the Texans.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a kid growing up during the Earl Campbell era, I was a huge Oilers fan. When the Oilers left Houston my, anything more than casual, interest in the NFL pretty much ended. What little flicker of interest I had when I heard Houston was getting a new team was snuffed out when the new franchise picked that god-awful name. Which, painfully, has also become the name of my high school football team- Lamar. Ugh.

Thank god for the Rockets.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It is called being a true fan. There will be room on the bandwagon when you are ready to jump back on...though it may take another 12 years.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I made this 4 years ago when I gave up on the Texans - haven't watched a game since. I think it speaks truth to this day.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aB2bQTAU-uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I wouldnt be that dramatic.... hell, even the most nefarious trolls admit that this team had a legit Super Bowl chance in 2011 with a healthy Schlub.

Even the most awful owners in ALL sports eventually get lucky or just stumble upon a winner. The Saints were a joke for decades... the Cowboys wallowed in a 10+ year mediocrity window with Jerry Jones being a bad hands-on owner... Art Moddell fired Bill Belicheck, and still somehow ended up with a winner in Baltimore (with the heads of that organization having been hand-picked by his former coach).

I'm not saying Bob McNair is doing a bang up job... he's definitely not... but he's also not going to be meddlesome (for better or for worse). He could make better choices, however, as to who he entrusts to operate his shiny toy (from day one, they've had "leadership" issues).

20. mario_v

mario_v Member

All these problems would be solved if they had a franchise QB. I don't understand how fans talk about the owner only caring about money and not winning.

It's funny how they have invested so much money on the defense and they play like garbage. 8 first rounders on defense (most in the nfl).

This franchise will always be a joke until they're fortunate enough to draft an elite QB with the 1st overall pick.